Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nujol
Contributor
Message 31 of 37

Re: [Infinity 1] Terrible speed from midday to midnight

Go to solution

Really pleased you are getting help BruceWayne sadly no attempt from BT to support me except a complete failure to return calls when stated and presistently denying that it is their problem despite virtually identical issues to your good self on the same exchange....  And having answered everything that was asked of me and then the people who asked it not responding to me posting it...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 32 of 37

Go to solution

Hi @Nujol & @BruceWayne,

We'll look into your fault for you and get it reported. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. Please note that it can take at least 5 working days for us to pick up your ticket but we'll do all we can to fix it.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 33 of 37

Go to solution

Thanks DanielS.

Actually two days ago out of the blue I received an iMessage of all things from a colleague of Lauren, who helped fix my messed-up BT UHD install.

He gave me the information I was after (which no-one on here could provide, and no-one from Technical Support even seemed to have an awareness of)...

I am told that the virtual routing of my line is running very very close to maximum potential bandwidth.  The "virtual path" taken (not sure what that means) can cope with 500mbps and it is running at 98% utilisation - and that this will cause congestion and intermittent speed issues at peak times.

- So that describes exactly the problem I have

The message goes on to say that a threshold has been breached and an upgrade solution is ready for implementation on the 15th October and that there should be a big improvement after that.

So thanks to Lauren who helped me with the TV issue and clearly passed on my request for help from a couple of weeks ago to the right department.

Let's see if it does improve on 15th October.  BruceWayne have you heard anything more?

0 Ratings
BruceWayne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 37

Go to solution

Well for the last two days I noticed a big improvement, for example yesterday at around 6pm I was getting 50mbps on the speedtest, without a hiccup.

Sadly the speed still drops down later on, at 22:00 I was getting 20/22mbps, which is still a LOT better than my previous 1/2mbps, which makes me think I have been put on another circuit.

BT will contact me today by phone, I will see with them and try to explain them the problem seems to be there still, even if it's a lot better - for now -, as I'm afraid it will happen again soon if my speed drops like this.

0 Ratings
BruceWayne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 37

Go to solution

BT called me, they ran a quick test and apparently there are still some issues on my line, he told me something about getting 20mbps which is still quite low for my line (and I agree), so he will see with openreach what they have to do.

But it's 1pm and at that time of the day my real speed is very good (50mbps+ during my speedtests) so I don't see how he got those results?

Well, at least they are trying to solve it. 🙂

0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 36 of 37

Go to solution

Well would you believe it my friend.  Fingers crossed....

7:30pm on Friday night and just got a speedtest with 46mbps down!!!!!

It may well be fixed..............!

BruceWayne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 37

Go to solution

Several days without a speed drop, marking this topic as solved, thank you bt. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings