cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 37

Re: [Infinity 1] Terrible speed from midday to midnight

Go to solution

The person who helped you like the forum mods do not reply to PM's as it may be a long time before they are on the forums  just to give you an idea that person has not been on  the forum  since they answered your TV query

0 Ratings
BruceWayne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 37

Go to solution

It's not you, and BT tends to take those problem seriously, at least from what i've seen on this board and from my conversations with the hotline. 

You probably just got the wrong guy, but at least, since we're on the same exchange, it will probably be solved the same time as me.=)

Speedtest at 21:30 :

Edit :  

Exchange : Canterbury

Cabinet : 23

0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 13 of 37

Go to solution

Might as well add this, hopefully the images can be seen, in reference to what I have written above.  

This is the third time I have reported an issue in the 20 days I have been a BT customer.  The first time (after 10 days) I naively cancelled as speeds were back to normal in the morning.  The second time (after 16 days) I never received a further contact from BT.  So this is the third time (20 days) and as I can be seen, despite what I am told by th technical/complaints people, BT's own website reports that there IS a fault on my line and that the speed FROM EXCHANGE TO HUB is NOT FAST ENOUGH - BT's own words on their own website...

Hope this works...

1) BT's speed checker states there is a problem and critically that this is NOT on my side

Fault1.jpg

2) So I report it as a fault (personal details hidden)

Fault2.jpg

3) Confirmed with reference number

Fault3.jpg

4) However when I "track" the fault - no fault is shown...?

Fault4.jpg

I mean, what I am being told is totally contradictory and unhelpful.  Can anyone help...?!

0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 14 of 37

Go to solution

True john46 however they have been replying to multiple PM's and phoned me also so fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 15 of 37

Go to solution

And lastly from me BruceWayne here's a BT Wholesale test taken some 2 minutes ago - this is Canterbury Cabinet 52.

Intriguingly I have looked back at ALL my speedtest results, and on the day of install (5th September 2016) I got a speedtest result of 48mpbs downstream at 6pm.  But every day/test since then it has been 10mbps or more recently below 5mbps at this time.

Fault5.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 37

Go to solution

@Nujol

If you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

The stats for the Home Hub 6 can be found on the Information page from http://192.168.1.254 then Advanced Settings -> Technical Log. 

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 17 of 37

Go to solution
Just on mobile will try to tomorrow however the dsl checker page gives really details eg not miles from the exchange etc.

Will aim to do tomorrow night. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 37

Go to solution
your distance from the exchange is irrelevant with fibre services it is the distance from the local street cabinet that determines the max sync speed the checker details are important should you have sync speed issues as that checker s what you order is based on
0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 19 of 37

Go to solution

Dear john46, Yes I meant distance from the cabinet, it was 11pm at night when I replied!

Just to round this off, two things:

1) BT Wholesale speedtest done just now so circa 6am:

Fault6 - speedtest at 6am.jpg

2) DSL Checker screenshot:

Fault7 dsl checker screen.jpg

0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 20 of 37

Go to solution

Is this what I was asked for...