cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 37

Re: [Infinity 1] Terrible speed from midday to midnight

Go to solution
have you tried connecting to the test socket that will eliminate any internal problems with wiring
0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 22 of 37

Go to solution

Yes I have.  Have run tests both in the morning and in the evening connected to the master socket only with wireless off and only laptop connected and I receive the terrible speeds in the evening and superfast in the morning.

Do the various pieces of info you suggested I post reveal anything?

0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 23 of 37

Go to solution

Now talking to technical support and being told I have to accept a condition that I might have to pay £129 for an engineer visit when I am speaking to them about a problem I have had since day 1 of getting BT Inifinity!

I am lost for words.  5th September BT Inifinity terrible speeds every evening, 4th September and before Sky normal Broadband and 12mbps at all times.

But apparently I have to accept that I might have to pay £129 for an engineer to visit...................?!!!?!?!

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 24 of 37

Go to solution

An engineer cannot solve your problem neither can BT Retail (your ISP). The issue will be awaiting BT Wholesale congestion relief.

0 Ratings
BruceWayne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 37

Go to solution

Well, to continue on my subject, here's the winner of this week ^^

Exchange : Canterbury

Cabinet : 23

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 26 of 37

Go to solution

Tonight even worse and no response from anyone on this Forum e.g. about contention or issue on exchange, Technical Support absolutely a waste of time still (TWO people promised callbacks tonight and NEITHER have called back...!).

Fault 27th Sept speed woeful.jpg

0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 27 of 37

Go to solution

Still the problem continues today... no help offers from people on forum... both BT reps who were allegedly calling me back tonight failed to do so....

Anyone out there on the forum able to help?? Only had replies from customers so far despite other threads seemingly being offered help by BT staff....?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 28 of 37

Go to solution

@Nujol wrote:

Still the problem continues today... no help offers from people on forum... both BT reps who were allegedly calling me back tonight failed to do so....

Anyone out there on the forum able to help?? Only had replies from customers so far despite other threads seemingly being offered help by BT staff....?

You want help? Keep it to your own thread rather than posting in others. BTRetail cannot help you nor anyone else as it is  BTWholsale who have to resolve it.

Take note, those who have had an offer of help by BT staff have conducted and posted the results of the tests requested.

Alll the staff can do is raise it with BTWholesale, The fix may take longer depending if additonal hardware is needed.

0 Ratings
BruceWayne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 37

Go to solution

Well in my case, things are looking good.

The BT Hotline called me A LOT these last days, at least 6/8 times.

Two or three people are involved :

-> One is calling me regularly to check if the fault has been corrected (but it's not yet)

-> The other is more of a technical services person and tries to understand what's wrong/do some tests on her side.

I must say I'm very impressed with their efforts and attention, never would I have thought they would be that much willing to correct this problem, as big as it is for me.

It took two/three calls from the technical services person to understand/be sure it was an exchange/congestion problem rather than a wifi/lan/router problem, but as far as i'm concerned, I think they were fast enough to accept that.

Tuesday they called me and told me an engineer was booked to change my line to another circuit on the cabinet, but it could take 2/3 days or more, so they'll call me on the 6th of october to check on the situation.

I'll let you know how it all goes. 😃

0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 30 of 37

Go to solution

I don't get your rude reply "pippincp" - keep it to my own thread?? I came on here to post and someone had literally posted the identical thing to me so I replied.

I have then replied with the answers to all the tests that people suggested - please read the thread to see this.

Then no reply from the people who suggested them.

So I have done that!

And yet no response.

FYI both BT staff who promised me a callback via technical support have not done so for 3 days so that was a total waste of time, no response on here from anyone to offer help even when I have responded with the exact info requested......

And now you say I should have "Keep it to [my] own thread" suggesting that somehow I should know that there is a protocol to do this - when in fact I had a couple of replies on here...??

So - do you have any help to offer or not?

For what's it's worth last two days the evening speed has been 8mbps not 3mbps so that's progress, only another sixfold increase to go!

0 Ratings