cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sholpin
Message 1 of 3

Infinity 1 issues and BT's lack of help, understanding and support

I had infinity 1 installed a week ago and have had major issues ever since, I have intermittent broadband and wifi. After spending two hours last night and five hours this morning, the end result is that nothing has changed and the useless customer service operative I spent five hours with this morning thinks it's my wifi between the hub and my devices. I've proved it's the same on a wired connection so I give up. I've now asked to go back to my hub 4 that worked perfect and I will migrate to sky or Virgin once my old contract expires in December. BT have done them selves no favours but to exploit their inability to rectify an issue they introduced. On top of that I cannot access half of the MY BT services as they cannot locate my account properly. Priceless
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MrDJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity 1 issues and BT's lack of help, understanding and support

hi

you say you had infinity instaled a week ago but contract ends in december. im hoping you dont mean this december as when you had infinity activated that starts a new contract and i think the minimum is 1 year and you can migrate out without a hefty leaving fee.

wifi can never be gauranteed and all tests and readings should be done on a wired connection.

can you run these for us https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/  after speed test also run further diagnostics and then post all 3 screenshots.

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity 1 issues and BT's lack of help, understanding and support

Was it a self install, or did you get an Openreach engineer, or did you get a sub-contractor ?

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings