cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharon2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Infinity 1 not activated on due date (23/11/16)

Can anyone tell me what  'broadband fault with BT retail servers' means? Infinity was supposed to be connected last Wednesday but hasn't happened yet and no explanation as to why. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Infinity 1 not activated on due date (23/11/16)

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Sharon2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

IMG_0233.PNG

0 Ratings
Sharon2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Does that mean anything to you John?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Looks like you need to contact BT and ask for some more information as to why.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Is your phone line working, as that is needed for broadband to work.

BT Retail servers simply means that the helpdesk cannot see any connection showing on the server.

Try connecting things up as shown below, and see if you get a connection.

infinity_test.jpg

0 Ratings
Sharon2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Yes Keith phone line is working fine 

0 Ratings
Sharon2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Ok just checked 'fault status' and it's now been completed so hopefully will be up and running soon 

0 Ratings
Sharon2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Surprise surprise same fault has appeared again. Rang BT same old story 'will ring you back in an hour when I've looked into it', yeah sure you will I'm still waiting two and a half hours later (as if I've nothing better to do but wait for a phone call that I know isn't going to arrive!!). Anyway only a week into my new contract so can still cancel, looking into this now. I find the service appalling from BT, not sure any of the staff know what's going on or what they are doing!! 😡

0 Ratings
Ffynnongroyw
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Any updates on this, i'm having the exact same issues. Previous broadband supplier worked perfectly so im sure its not anything my end (and like you my phone line is working).

I dont know if you've gone through the cancellation process yet but they told me it's from order date so I literally had 24 hrs to cancel from activation date, which was taken up with waiting for another hub to be sent out. The suspicious part of me wonders if they only said theyd send out another hub to stop me cancelling - after all, what sort of electronics does not work when new nowadays?
0 Ratings