cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ozsat
Expert
Message 1 of 10

Infinity 1 - should we all get 52mB ?

We have Infinity 1 which has always come back on speed tests as about 38mB.

We asked about upgrading a while ago but were told that although the service is up to 76mB - we would only ever get around 50mB max due to the cabling to our house.

Infinity 1 is now advertised as being up to 52mB  -  so should existing customers benefit automatically from this if their connections can support this increase?

Speedtests this morning still show 37-38mB.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Infinity 1 - should we all get 52mB ?

What results do you get for your number when input into here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com ?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

you can phone the options team and upgrade to new infinity 1 package 55/10 but need to renew your contract or you can wait until the July price increase and BT say upgrade will be automatic but no actual date for it happening  0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 4 of 10

Thanks

They said they have upgraded it today - but I will not see any change until 3 June.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Either they upgraded it or they didn't. The upgrade is just a change of software cap and is immediate.

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 6 of 10

I queried why the modem still said 39mb in the settings if the upgrade showed as complete.

It was technical support said it was set for 3 June - which matches the billing date.

0 Ratings
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

I recontracted for an upgrade, it said yesterday that the upgrade was complete but my speed remains the same at around 35-36 Mbps.. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

If it was only 35/36 before, that's all it will be afterwards. You were getting lower than the previous cap of 38 so can't expect it to increase.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

@licquorice wrote:

If it was only 35/36 before, that's all it will be afterwards. You were getting lower than the previous cap of 38 so can't expect it to increase.

When I upgraded the upgrade speed I was told was between 38Mbps and 52Mbps so I expected some sort of increase.  So I recontracted for another 12 months for nothing.. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

But you already knew you were only getting 35/36. The upgrade is just a removal of a software cap at 38.

0 Ratings