cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 91 of 322

Re: Infinity 1 speed cap increase

I would imagine, as is the case any time you re-contract you pay for the present cost of a package unless you manage to negotiate a better price.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 92 of 322

The Openreach offer is purely between Openreach and the ISP's, it is up to BT retail to decide whether they take the opportunity of the offer to carry out a bulk upgrade of customers or not. Nothing has been stated.

0 Ratings
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 93 of 322

Re: BT Infinity 2 - Speed increase

News to me, my infinity 1 speed not increaced .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 94 of 322

@Old_Welsh_dragon wrote:

News to me, my infinity 1 speed not increaced .

It won't have done. See this thread

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 95 of 322

@Old_Welsh_dragon

where have you been?  lol  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Infinity-1-speed-cap-increase/td-p/1610543

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
mhairer
Beginner
Message 96 of 322

Upgrade to 52Mbps

OK, so I just tried to upgrade my account to 52Mbps, when I click first on "Upgrade your Broadband", then "Select and personalise" for the increased speed, it asks me to "Choose my account" (weird since I am already logged in). Anyway, it has my correct phone number and account number preselected, so I just click "Continue with your order". Seems straightforward enough...

Well, no, after a few seconds of spinning around, it tells me "Sorry - your telephone number and your post code do not match. Please try again. Be careful not to include any spaces or other formatting".

Now that's completely nonsensical since I was never asked to enter my postcode in the first place! Anyway, I didn't get discouraged but clicked on "Or enter details of another" and entered my BT account number and postcode there. Well, as you might guess by now, it just comes back with the same nonsensical error message! And yes, the postcode and account number are definitely correct. I tried uppercase, lowercase, with or without space between the two groups of the postcode. So now I am stuck.

Do I really need to call them and waste half an hour of my life being told how my call is important for them but they just cannot be bothered to answer it or is there a magical link allowing to order the upgrade in a different way?

0 Ratings
Montala
Aspiring Expert
Message 97 of 322

Hi,

Having had our line 'upgraded' to Infinity, literally within the last 3 hours, (at an initial speed check of 37.25 Mb/s) after having read this news, I decided to give BT an immediate call and after a very short wait I found myself speaking to one of the Senior Managers on the Options team in Newcastle.

I explained my position to him, as my new 18 month contract also starts today, but as I am (just!) within the 14 day 'cooling off' period he made a note to the effect that if I contact them again in about 5 days time he guaranteed me that I will then be upgraded to the new higher speed at no additional cost, which does sound encouraging!

Needless to say, I made a note of his name, department, and the time and date of my call!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 98 of 322

Re: Upgrade to 52Mbps

..........or just not bother for the time being until the dust has settled.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 99 of 322

@ imjolly , Just been reading that, seems some confusion of when it is happening and how to get the speed increase.  Do I phone and order the increase or will it just happen. 

Checked on "My BT" and clicked on upgrade broadband, the 52mbps was on there but it says £25 a month, nothing about free upgrade..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 100 of 322

you need to phone and agree new contract to get upgrade  try options team but be prepared for wait  0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.