Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Montala
Aspiring Expert
Message 101 of 322

Re: BT Infinity 2 - Speed increase

@imjolly wrote:

you need to phone and agree new contract to get upgrade  try options team but be prepared for wait  0800800030

I must have been very lucky then to be put straight through to a senior manager in Newcastle this morning, after only waiting for a couple of minutes! Smiley Wink

devera
Aspiring Expert
Message 102 of 322

What's the price for existing customers?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer click the ratings star on the left-hand side. If the reply answers your question, mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 103 of 322

As always, the price for existing customers will be as stated on the webpage unless you go through the option team and negotiate the price with them. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 104 of 322

Re: Infinity 1 speed cap increase

If you want to check the current full prices then look in the tariff guide at the Packages section.

The web pages for existing BT broadband customers usually also show these same full prices, though you may not see all packages and they may do the odd fixed period discount offer.

The web pages for new BT broadband customers almost always show prices that include discounts fior a fixed period. These offers are generally not available to existing customers but you can usually still haggle with BT a bit if you phone Customer Options and try and get some sort of discount off a new contract.
0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 105 of 322

Might as well downgrade to infinity 1 now as the speed I get on 2 isn't much better!
Distinguished Guru
Message 106 of 322

According to the latest tariff guide BT now offer these three Infinity packages on new contracts.

£21.00 - Inf 1 25GB + No calls
£26.00 - Inf 1 Unlim + w/e calls
£32.50 - Inf 2 Unlim + w/e calls

If on a different older package such as 40GB then I'd double check what any re-contract includes, and obviously the price and any discount.
0 Ratings
markm9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 322

Having just cheked my BT page i found this;

You could get 51mb-67mb,

You currently get 51mb-67mb,

with a guaranteed 40mb minimum speed,

Thinking i had been given a free upgrade i rang BT, advisor knew nothing about increase in speed on Infinity 1!!,

BTW i do not receive these speeds as stated above i receive speeds of 38 down, and 10 up!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 108 of 322

@markm9 wrote:

Having just cheked my BT page i found this;

You could get 51mb-67mb,

You currently get 51mb-67mb,

with a guaranteed 40mb minimum speed,

Thinking i had been given a free upgrade i rang BT, advisor knew nothing about increase in speed on Infinity 1!!,

BTW i do not receive these speeds as stated above i receive speeds of 38 down, and 10 up!!

If you had read the thread, you would have noticed that the speed increase is not automatic. You need to re-contract to be upgraded to the new Infinity1 speeds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
StevenNT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 109 of 322

I tried to call today and to try and downgrade, but I'm in a contract and have to wait untill October at the earliest to downagrade acording to the guy on the phone.

Was he correct in saying this? My line at best only does 53/13 to 55/14 so now that Infinity 1 is 52/10 staying on Infinity 2 no longer makes sense paying exrea for.

0 Ratings
embattle
Contributor
Message 110 of 322

Still seems silly for it not to be automatic to everyone with Infinity 1.

0 Ratings