Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SaiBork
Aspiring Contributor
Message 141 of 322

Re: Infinity 1 speed cap increase

Of course this happens a month after I re-signed a contract for the Infinity 2 package to get a cheaper deal than I was getting before hand. So I'm probably stuck at Infinity 2 for the next 11 months before i can downgrade to Infinity 1.

The BT wholesale availability checker page shows FTTC Rane A (Clean) as 74 (High) with 56.4 (Low) And FTTC Range B (Impacted) as 57.3 (High) with 31.3 (Low) for download speeds.

As upload speeds it shows FTTC Rane A (Clean) as 20 (High) with 14.3 (Low) And FTTC Range B (Impacted) as 16.7 (High) with 6.9 (Low)

The BT wholesale speed checker (Further diagnostics) page shows the below results:

Download as 48 with 50 as max.

Upload as 8 with 20 as max.

As you can see, my current max speed is 50mbps, so doing a downgrade would now be possible without losing any speed! If only they would improve the line so I can use the max from the clean line instead of on the impacted settings.

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 142 of 322

im skeptical aswell liquorice but i have a copy of the chat and i want what they promised me so we will see?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 143 of 322

Did they say the upgrade would be automatic, or just no requirement to re-contract when applying?

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 144 of 322

they said i would be sent an actvation email by end of month and it was automatic for all infinity1 customers,i did ask them about four times if they were sure about this and they said for certain i would not need to recontract and the extra speed was free?

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 145 of 322

we will see what happens,but surely a mod could confirm what was going to happen?

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 146 of 322

over on thinkbroadband a lot of customers have been told the same as me so someone is right or wrong at bt customer services?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 147 of 322

Be interesting to see how this pans out.

0 Ratings
Message 148 of 322

Wait, if it's automatic it should of already happened? 😕

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 149 of 322

No, if you read the post, the advisor has said it'll happen at the end of the month.

I'm not so sure it will.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Message 150 of 322

Seems legit to me, not. 😉

0 Ratings