cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 281 of 322

Re: Infinity 1 speed cap increase

The max sync speed on the new service is capped at 55Mbps. Your stats are estimating your max sync speed would be 52.6Mbps.

The downstream IP profile and hence actual max data download speed will then be set to around 96.8% of your sync speed.

So you might hope for actual data download speeds of up to around 50Mbps if you upgraded.
0 Ratings
Stukrugen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 282 of 322

So,  we signed up for Infinity 1 a few weeks ago @ £10 a month. Does anyone know if we'll be auto upgraded  to 52mbps,  or whether we have to contact BT to recontract (keeping our existing deal) or whether they'd make us relinquish the deal and pay the full £25 to get this (which I wouldn't do)? It's all very confusing and it seems everyone has a conflicting experience. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 283 of 322

There is no conflicting information. The upgrade is not automatic. You need to speak to the options team on 0800 800 030 to see what they will offer and then decide.

Stukrugen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 284 of 322

OK, I have read people being told:-

1. you don't need to do anything, everyone on 38mbps will auto upgrade at no extra charge

2. you can upgrade but need to agree to a new 12 month contract

3. you can upgrade but if you are already on a £10 deal you will relinquish this and move onto a new 12 month contract with no discount - £25 / month

4. you can upgrade and you will keep your existing discount deal and contract duration

5. you basically have to ring up and see what they can offer you

Conflicting.

So, I'm looking for a definitive answer, but in reality is it a case of pot luck whatever they offer you when you phone and everyone is treated differently so it could actually be any of the above?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 285 of 322

@Stukrugen wrote:

1. you don't need to do anything, everyone on 38mbps will auto upgrade at no extra charge

Wrong

Correct

3. you can upgrade but if you are already on a £10 deal you will relinquish this and move onto a new 12 month contract with no discount - £25 / month

4. you can upgrade and you will keep your existing discount deal and contract duration

Correct, there is no set deal.

Conflicting.

So, I'm looking for a definitive answer, but in reality is it a case of pot luck whatever they offer you when you phone and everyone is treated differently so it could actually be any of the above?

The definitive answer is as I posted, there is no automatic upgrade and you need to negotiate your own deal.

0 Ratings
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 286 of 322

@licquorice wrote:

@Stukrugen wrote:

Wrong

Correct

Correct, there is no set deal.

Conflicting.

The definitive answer is as I posted, there is no automatic upgrade and you need to negotiate your own deal.

A friend of mine rang the options team Friday, I was with him when he called them, he was told the upgrade for excisting 38Mbps customers will be automtic on 29th of April..  Will have to call them myself and see what they tell me...

0 Ratings
Stukrugen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 287 of 322

licquorice says it's not conflicting. I'm not arguing, just stating the experiences of a few different people.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 288 of 322

I'm just stating the current position. It is currently not automatic and there is no fixed deal, it is whatever new contract you negotiate with the options team. We will have to wait and see if that situation changes.

0 Ratings
Pongo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 289 of 322

Your situation is the same as mine.  Here's my previous post...

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Infinity-1-speed-cap-increase/m-p/1613366#M...

Your choices are to stay on your existing speed (as I am), or to upgrade and pay £25 per month for the next 12 months.  The £10 per month deal you're currently on does not apply if you want the faster speed.

If you're under contract (as I am) then you won't be able to negotiate anything.  They know that you're their customer and can't leave, so their approach is to offer you nothing.

I don't think it's a clever way to treat customers, as we're all free to leave at the end of our current contract.  But this seems to be how it is.

Our only hope of an upgrade without paying wads of cash is that the rumours of an automatic upgrade for everyone are true.

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 290 of 322

hi reading this I'm going to have to add something.

I been trying to upgrade and have contacted Bt a few times over last few days and finally got someone who knew about infinity 1 52 hence the router specs post on 0800 800 030.

I got told by the girl that I will receive a free upgrade by the 3rd of July to 48 meg.

Or I could have infinity 1 52 meg and recontract on another 12 months and this will start on Monday.

0 Ratings