Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stukrugen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 291 of 322

Re: Infinity 1 speed cap increase

Thanks licquorice.

So, are these the two scenarios?

1. If anyone is currently paying the full price for Infinity 1 (£25) for 38mbps then they will not automatically upgrade, but they need to ring BT to negotiate, but most likely they will continue paying exactly the same and just tie themselves into a new 12month contract - unless you manage to negotiate a better deal of course.

2. If anyone is under a discounted 12 month contract (£10 per month) they need to ring BT to negotiate a new 12 month contract, but at this stage it is not clear whether you will end up paying exactly the same, or more.

If anyone fits into the 2nd category I'd be interested to hear about your experiences please.

Edit, posted after recent replies so thank you, makes it clear for me now that I will just sit out this contract and see what happens at the end of it all. as I'm not interested in re-negotiating and paying more for this at the moment.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 292 of 322

@Pongo wrote:

Your choices are to stay on your existing speed (as I am), or to upgrade and pay £25 per month for the next 12 months.  The £10 per month deal you're currently on does not apply if you want the faster speed.

If you're under contract (as I am) then you won't be able to negotiate anything.  They know that you're their customer and can't leave, so their approach is to offer you nothing.

Completely wrong, I was still in contract and got the increased speed at a reduced price by re-contracting for another 12 months. It will depend on how long your current contract has to run. As I keep repeating, there is no one size fits all deal, each customer has to negotiate a price.

I don't think it's a clever way to treat customers, as we're all free to leave at the end of our current contract.  But this seems to be how it is.

As it is with all companies these days, unfortunately.

Our only hope of an upgrade without paying wads of cash is that the rumours of an automatic upgrade for everyone are true.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 293 of 322

@Stukrugen wrote:

Thanks licquorice.

So, are these the two scenarios?

1. If anyone is currently paying the full price for Infinity 1 (£25) for 38mbps then they will not automatically upgrade, but they need to ring BT to negotiate, but most likely they will continue paying exactly the same and just tie themselves into a new 12month contract - unless you manage to negotiate a better deal of course.

2. If anyone is under a discounted 12 month contract (£10 per month) they need to ring BT to negotiate a new 12 month contract, but at this stage it is not clear whether you will end up paying exactly the same, or more.

If anyone fits into the 2nd category I'd be interested to hear about your experiences please.

Edit, posted after recent replies so thank you, makes it clear for me now that I will just sit out this contract and see what happens at the end of it all. as I'm not interested in re-negotiating and paying more for this at the moment.

To be perfectly honest, unless you stream multiple HD films simultaneously or regularly download multi GB files, then you wouldn't notice the difference between 38M and 52M anyway. I only rang out of curiosity, but when they offered a reduction on my already discounted deal it was a no brainer.

0 Ratings
Pongo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 294 of 322

Liquorice - what deal are you getting? Sorry if already stated, it's a long thread now.

I'm currently getting unlimited INF 1 plus weekend calls for £10 a month. Am I right in thinking that BT aren't offering anyone the new INF 1 for this price?

I don't think anyone could notice the difference either - I was hoping it would be a simple upgrade, and more is always better.

I'd have been happy with the remaining 8 months discounted plus 4 months at full price, but even that wasn't bring offered to me at least.

I'll just wait to see if they decide to upgrade everyone.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 295 of 322

@Pongo  Sorry been offline since your last post.  Previously paying about £18 on a discounted no calls Infinity 1 package plus anytime calls added at £7.95. Now on £15.85 plus £7.95 Full price £21 for no calls package.

0 Ratings
Pongo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 296 of 322

Ah - OK, not that much discount then.

I'll await the rumoured free upgrade all round.

0 Ratings
milkyjoe505
Message 297 of 322

What date did he get this email & when was his installation date? Thanks.
0 Ratings
thomasmulhall
Contributor
Message 298 of 322

Bt are upgrading all existing customers for free http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/faster-speeds-and-500gb-free-cloud-storage-discover-why-bt-...

you doint need to recontract or do anything.

0 Ratings
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 299 of 322

@thomasmulhall wrote:

Bt are upgrading all existing customers for free http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/faster-speeds-and-500gb-free-cloud-storage-discover-why-bt-...

you doint need to recontract or do anything.

Just a case of waiting..  Good news though... 

Edit....

Just noticed that if you click on the link where it says "Discover more about upgrading to BT Infinity 1." it takes you to the upgrade your broadband page.

Can a mod confirm this and how it will be rolled out..

0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 300 of 322

0 Ratings