cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1 of 322

Infinity 1 speed cap increase

Rumour has it that the cap on Infinity1 will be increased to 52Mbps from tomorrow.

321 REPLIES 321
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 322

Re: Infinity 1 speed cap increase

Big increase - free?

infinity 2?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 322

@imjolly wrote:

Big increase - free?

Allegedly

infinity 2?

Don't think so

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 322

I suspected this would come following the Openreach 55/10 product release.

Will mean no more messing about with customers on Infinity 1 wanting BT Sport UHD.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 322

Make a lot of infinity 2 people unhappy nothing for them

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 322

I did think that it's a bit close for comfort however, people were happy to pay the price at the time they signed up for the speeds advertised.

I don't think everyone on Infinity 1 will go onto 55/10 from tomorrow. I suspect it'll only be for orders of Infinity 1 places from tomorrow. I think current Infinity 1 customers will remain on 40/10 until the end of their current contract.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 7 of 322

I'm on infinity 2 but my mate who is on 1 got this email!

06a554e934fe38b47513fd3d4c615fad.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 322

Really, Webby? I'm pretty sure it will be an automatic upgrade? Seen as the 40/10 package will be scrapped, it wouldn't be a software cap anymore. I bet you're thinking "William's happy!". XD

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 322

@Webby wrote:

I don't think everyone on Infinity 1 will go onto 55/10 from tomorrow. I suspect it'll only be for orders of Infinity 1 places from tomorrow. I think current Infinity 1 customers will remain on 40/10 until the end of their current contract.

That'll go down like a lead balloon!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 322

@William_Grimsley wrote:

Really, Webby? I'm pretty sure it will be an automatic upgrade? Seen as the 40/10 package will be scrapped, it wouldn't be a software cap anymore. I bet you're thinking "William's happy!". XD

They will specifically ensure any banding remains in place. Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings