cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 81 of 322

Re: Infinity 1 speed cap increase

It's available today. You've been misinformed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
DayTrader
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 322

BT Infinity 2 - Speed increase

I see that BT infinity has now been upgraded to 52MB. I hate to whinge but I'm sure others are thinking the same here.

How is this fair for BT Infinity 2 customers? To be honest, I don't see the point in having infinity 2 anymore unless they are going to offer us a speed increase.

Surely they should offer us 100MB, I'm on FTTP.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 83 of 322

Re: BT Infinity 2 - Speed increase

... and what would you do with all that extra bandwidth that you can not do now?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 84 of 322

Since when did the world become 'fair'. Its a commercial decision made in a free market economy, I'm sure the bean counters have done their sums.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 85 of 322

If you don't see the point of the extra speed, downgrade to Infinity 1 when your contract ends.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 86 of 322

@gg30340 wrote:

The information from the moderators is:-

"BT Infinity option 1 is now offering speeds of up to 52MB, that's up from 38MB.  This will not cost anything extra but for the moment customers need to call in to place an upgrade order. While this will not cost anything more per month, customer will need to agree to a new 12 month contract".

It would be helpful if they could clarify:

a) if one upgrades does one retain any current introductory pricing if you are within your initial contract or does the price charged change; and 

b) if there are plans to regrade existing customers who would benefit from the increase automatically at some stage..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 87 of 322

You will need to recontract at the current pricing I'd imagine, not an extension of the price you currently pay.

I very much doubt this will be an automatics free upgrade at any time in the near future.
0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 88 of 322

@Webby wrote:
You will need to recontract at the current pricing I'd imagine, not an extension of the price you currently pay.

I very much doubt this will be an automatics free upgrade at any time in the near future.

This is why official clarity would be useful. Openreach are about to make regrading FTTC speed much cheaper as a special offer for the next few months as a special offer - so would be good to know if BT are going to take advantage of this

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 89 of 322

As nothing has been said about the pricing OR "free upgrades" I read that as it's not the case. If it were, it would have been published.
0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 90 of 322

@Webby wrote:
As nothing has been said about the pricing OR "free upgrades" I read that as it's not the case. If it were, it would have been published.

The Openreach offer doesn't start until late May (from memory) so they wouldn't necessarily say anything now -  if they can get customers to voluntarily extend their contracts now - we will just need to wait and see I guess

0 Ratings