cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fenixriot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Infinity 1 speed decrease

I have been getting 55mb download and 10mb upload, however today it has dropped to just 8.8mb download, i have done nothing to change this as happened during the night. I have been in touch with BT and they have tested the line from exchange to property and there is no issue. I have switched routers, cables and filter and nothing improves the situation.
I have the latest home hub.
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
I have checked speed test on bt wholesale and it does say it is slow.
Cheers.
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Infinity 1 speed decrease

Perform a speed test HERE once the first test completes scroll down and click on "further diagnostics". Once that test completes take a screenshot and post here stating which exchange you are on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

.................using a wired Ethernet connection, NOT wireless.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
fenixriot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 8.18 Mbps

0 Mbps36.85 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 8.18 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 20 Mbps-36.85 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 36.85 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 8.86 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8.86Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.

If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.

0 Ratings
cymrobach1
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

I have exactly the same issue. Moved to Bt around 5 weeks ago and was getting 51-52 download constant but last week speed was dropping to 20-35 from around 4pm until 12pm. During the day it was still hitting 50-51 but today it started dropping around 2pm. I had already reported the issue on chat but with no luck so today I spoke to someone on the phone and after doing some tests he said my speed was 39 and that was the minimum that they were required to supply. I have done speedtest since on the bt wholesale site  and getting 20-30(wired). Not impressed with the attitude of the person i spoke to and not sure what to do as clearly something has happened and whatever the test is showing their end i'm not getting it my end.

0 Ratings
fenixriot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

i wish i was getting 39mb lol, seriously though, the online support are useless, im on there now as i type this, and they havent got a clue.  my speed had been fine for weeks, and then overnight it decides to just drop to 8.8mb, and there seems to be no shifting from that number.

0 Ratings
cymrobach1
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

I'm not even getting 39. That's what they say is the minimum for the line. My current speed is between 20-30 but a test just now came out at 17. I'm not happy with the service i'm getting as i was told when i signed up that i should get between 44-55 with no mention of 39. It seems that 44-55 is what i'm expected to get but as long as it's 39 or over they don't care.

0 Ratings
fenixriot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

ah yes you did say, sorry. that bt wholesale test shows im only capable of 36mb, but on bt site says between 43 and 55mb, and before today it was showing on the hub it was receiving 55mb, and i was getting 51mb, a pain in the backside.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

@cymrobach1

can you start your own thread as your problem may seem the same but could be totally different  it also avoids replies getting confused

@fenixriot

can you post stats from your hub  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

can you run btspeedtester diagnostic test again and post the full results - try an avoid firefox as it has been giving strange results

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab number http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cymrobach1
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Sorry about that. New on here. Will start new thread

0 Ratings