Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Infinity 1 speed

Go to solution

BT Infinity 1

I had my free upgrade to 100 GB BT Cloud account about a week or so before 3 July.

However yet to get my 38 mbps increased to 54 mbps..... 😞

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity 1 speed

Go to solution

Hi @PB54 Good to hear you got the increased Cloud storage. I moved your post to the Infinity board so we can help with your Infinity speed query.

Just to confirm your speed will only be increased if your line is capable of providing an increased speed.

Cheers

John 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@PB54

from stats you posted back in January your attainable speed was about 38mb so the upgrade to 55mb on infinity 1 package will not help increase your conenction speed as your stats show line can only handle 38mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

😞

I currently get about 30,000 out of a maximum 38,000

So i won't get say 42,000 out of 53,000?

How disappointing. My mum gets 53,000 since the upgrade and barely makes a dent in her allowance.

Yet i pay the increased price too....

Oh well....

Also i posted the response initially to show that some of us have had the increased BT Cloud capacity..... (not that its any use to me with it's terrible speed, awful software and ropey ability to backup some files.......)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

The increase was just a removal of the 40mb cap and replacing it with 55mb. As you could get the original 40mb speed you are not going to benefit from the speed increase to 55mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@PB54 wrote:

😞

I currently get about 30,000 out of a maximum 38,000

So i won't get say 42,000 out of 53,000?

How disappointing. My mum gets 53,000 since the upgrade and barely makes a dent in her allowance, and the increase...

Oh well....

No, I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. You can only get what your line is capable of up to the cap that is applied. If your car is only capable of 60mph, it doesn't matter whether the speed limit is 70mph or 100mph it won't make your car go any faster.

PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks all.

Thats clear now.

Disappointing...... but clear..... 😞

0 Ratings