Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hug556
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Infinity 1 to 2 Upgrade Problem

Hi to all
I wonder if anyone can help, I got Infinity 1 installed approx 8 months ago after it became available in my area, I went for the first package of 38mb as I thought it was the best option for me at the time. Since the install I was getting the max availble speed of 38 mb, which was great moving from an 8mb connection. All has been well for months.

Then I recieved an email from BT stating that they were upgrading my Infinity speed to 52mb, this was approx 1 month ago, doing a test via the wholesale website I was getting approx 51mb fantastic. However,  I was given a great offer from BT to upgrade to Infinity 2 with what they told me would be speeds of around 76mb download 20mb upload for the same price I am paying at the moment for 24 months, so I jumped at the deal, this is when my problems started.

I was advised that the upgrade to my Infinity service would begin on 29th June by midnight, I waited with baited breath, it's a good job I didn't hold it. Since the so called switch over my speed has gone down to 38mb from 51mb and has stayed the same for the last approx 3 weeks, I know that some people would kill for that sort of speed, but it is really annoying me, I have went through all the tests... Line test/direct to socket etc.

Going by the bt testing service they did find a problem and it has been put through as a fault twice. The first time it got to the stage that an engineer was booked to come to the house, but I recieved a text saying that this had been cancelled as they did not need access to the house and the the problem was at the exchange so would be resolved.
Going by fault tracker via bt website the first fault was marked as resolved, but nothing had changed, so I done yet another broadband test and again it said that my speed was lower than expected, so now the the new fault according bt website has been resolved, stil no change.

I know it can take approx 10 - 14 days for the speed to settle, but nothing has changed

Please help, as talking to the scripted helpdesk has gotten me no where

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Infinity 1 to 2 Upgrade Problem

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hug556
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hi thanks for the response, I have done what you have asked, I noticed that the fttc checker has given me completely different speeds from what I had the other day, I am more annoyed that I did'nt take a screen shot, because it was telling me at the time that it was 71mb clean min 60mb low, anyways I have posted the results, thanks.

0 Ratings
hug556
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

helpdesk stats.PNG

0 Ratings
hug556
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

broadband test 1.PNG

0 Ratings
hug556
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

as you can see your estimated speed fro the checker is 54/40mb and your stats show an attainable of 48mb but currently your connection speed is 40mb right at bottom of estimated speed.  I would hope that given a stable connection your speed will move nearer the 48mb  your up speed appears to be at attainable of 8.8mb

are you currently using the test socket with a new filter and no phone extension cable?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hug556
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Hi, Sorry not got back sooner, yes I done all that, made a slight difference of about 2mb, I am more annoyed with the fact that I was told I could get Infinity 2 which the FTTC checker told me I could get 76mb Clean and now it is telling me I can only get 54mb Clean, has this been changed by an engineer because I reported it as a fault?

Am I now better just getting BT to put me back to Infinity 1, at least I was getting the full whack of 52mb, I have added part of the original order for my upgrade, which states the estimated speeds I could get.

bt order estimate.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

are you using the test socket with a new filter?

0 Ratings
hug556
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Hi Again

Have run complete test with the direct socket, here are the resultsspeed test 2 010816.PNG

0 Ratings