Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rooree80
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Infinity 1 upgrade

Hi,

Just curious about the Inifiinity 1 speed upgrades, I understand BT were increasing the speeds from 50Mb to 75Mb. I have a FTTP connection and I currently get 50Mb. I see BT advised these upgrades were to be complete by Nov '17.

Have I been missed out, should I expect the speed increase?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity 1 upgrade

I think it applied to FTTC customers - you have a fixed 50mb connection unlike FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rooree80
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

You could be right, but checking the BT info I can't see it refer to FTTC. They just indicate that all infinity 1 customers would be upgraded:

"All BT Infinity 1 customers whose line can support the new speed will be upgraded to up to 76Mb by mid-November".

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

I agree that you should have received a speed boost as you are on an Infinity 1 contract albeit FTTP.

I would not be surprised that none of the customers like you have received a boost as you are not linked to any cabinet.

The Mods should look into this for you ,at least to clarify why you haven't got it.

I bet it will be that BT forgot to recognise those customers on FTTP Infinity 1 contracts should be upgraded - probably because it isn't as straightforward.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 6

Why is it not as straightforward? It's just a matter of a different software cap. i.e. Infinity 2 profile.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

@pippincp wrote:

Why is it not as straightforward? It's just a matter of a different software cap. i.e. Infinity 2 profile.

Probably because of my ignorance of not knowing that much about FTTP.

Still reckon that no-one on FTTP Infinity 1 has been upgraded because you deal with a separate team from FTTC and I bet that nothing was sent to them regarding the upgrade - me being somewhat cynical.

0 Ratings