cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thedoctor46
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Infinity 2 Downgrade

Hi, unfortunately another one that hasn't gone according to plan, I used to have a D/L of around 22mb/s on Infinity and was stable, I realise that it may not seem much to some but compared to the 2mb/s I use to get I was more than happy as we live about 3 mile from the exchange.

April 12th I decided to get the upgrade they predicted around 30mb/s dl, swapped over on the 16th then things started to become unstable disconnections varying speeds from 7mb/s to 22mb/s up till the 23rd at which point things started to level out, the downside is that my IP profile has changed from 25mb/s to 18mb/s.  There have been calls from Cust Ser on a daily basis since last Friday and an Engineer was here today, He confirmed that there is no problem at my end when he checked the cab it was showing 18mb/s they have informed me that it maybe because of the distance involved of my line, apparently Infinity they could alter the profiles accordingly but with Infinity 2 there is nothing they can alter you either get top speed or a speed that is stable.  Just had another call from Cust Ser and was asked to wait again till tomorrow to see if there is any difference, if they cant change IP profile I cant see that happening.

Hopefully others will have more luckSmiley Sad

Share Image

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity 2 Downgrade

The problem with Infinity 2, DLM works harder due to increase frequencies, and over a longer distances from the cabinet this may cause speed reduction in order to stabilise your line. At this moment in time i'm not to sure if you will see any more download than your previous Infinity package 40/10.

Come back tomorrow and let us know what happens, hopefully we can help you or point you in the direction of some help 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
thedoctor46
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Still no news as yet, Cust ser rang again last night and confirmed that they and the engineers are still looking into the problem and have not closed the issue as yet.  Hopefully might get some good news today or at least be able to get out of the new contract I entered.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 4

Hope it goes well for you buddy.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings