Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Infinity 2 - HH5A Daily Disconnections

Go to solution

Been having some trouble with my internet now for about 4 weeks, its been great up until the update for the HH5A, the DSL has been resetting daily and has only gotten worse over the weekend. I have done a quiet line test and cannot hear anything on the line, but I have noticed that the noise margin has been defaulted to 6.0/3.0 but keeps fluctuating up and down.

Whereas over the last few years its been sets to 6.0/6.0, so I'm wondering if this has something to do with my issue? 

Heres the hub stats

hub stats.PNG

stats 2.PNG

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
HadesR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Infinity 2 - HH5A Daily Disconnections

Go to solution

I'm with the help of a Mod trying to deal with my own problem which sounds identical to yours.

Update lowered the Down SNR margin from 6 > 3 ... DC's ever since ..

One common theme I have noticed and maybe you can check yours is that the Noise Margin degrades over time until a DC occurs 

Ie: My margin was 3.2 a few hours ago now it sits at 0.8 so I'm expecting a DC at some point.

The more info you can get and give them it might help us all by finding a common theme ..

0 Ratings
GDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Yes that is identical, I've noticed it going as low as 0.4 then DC'ing not long after. Whilst the up SNR is steady at 6.0 and rarely changes. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @GDavies Sorry you are experiencing a fault with your broadband connection.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
GDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you, I have sent the required details. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @GDavies Thanks for that and we will be in touch once you reach the top of our queue.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
GDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Connection reset again (hub turned orange then broadband light appears, then switches to blue), not even lasting a full 24 hours this time. Been keeping tabs on the Noise Margin stats and up has been consistently at 5.9/6.0 whereas down has been fluctuating between 2.1/3.0/3.5 all day. Also data recieved/sent has not been reset. 

stats 3.PNG

0 Ratings
GDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

A further 2 DSL resets today (16th) 1st reset was at around 2.40am, the 2nd about 12.35pm. Was connected for over 24 hours no issues on the (15th) and noise margin was consistently at 6.0/3.5. 

0 Ratings
GDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@NeilO I think it was you that called today? I noticed my speed was dropping so ran several speed tests, speed was around 40-45mb over the last 24 hours, where it should have been in the 60-70range as it normally has been. 

But HH5A rebooted several minutes ago, flashing green, turned blue then to orange with broadband light, then back to blue, was this intentional? I think you said the hub team would be running some tests etc, so was just wondering. 

0 Ratings
GDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Like clockwork, hub reset DSL again, just over 24 hours, I monitored speed throughout the day, consistently between 68-70mb. Before DSL reset, noticed downstream noise margin dip below 0.0, then changed between -0.1 to -0.3. Also noticed maximum data rate decrease during the last 5 minutes before reset.

0 Ratings