Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wully
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Infinity 2 Noise + Attenuation

Hello,

I have just got the Infinity 2 package. We are 7 days into the 10 day stabilsation period.

I understand our "true" speed will show in speed tests once the 10 days have passed but I have some questions based upon the attenuation and noise we currently have on what speed we should expect.

We were advised by both the engineer and the advisor on the phone when placing the order we should be able to get ~78Mb/s based on the distance to the cabinet.

My main concern is the noise margin seems a bit high and that we are not hitting any where near the 78Mb/s.

Speed tests fluctuate between 38-45Mb/s. However if we are not going to be able to get at least 60+ then I may opt for the Infinity 1 package (if BT let you downgrade that is) Since I don't want to be paying the full amount and not be getting the full speed.

bt.PNG

bt2.PNG

bt3.PNG

Anyone with any insight will be most appreciated 🙂 thanks.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Infinity 2 Noise + Attenuation

You have the max connection for infinity 2  80/20mb. In your case with stats posted the higher noise margin is ok as you have the max speed

can you run btspeedtester duagnostic test again but wired if you didn't use a wired connection before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Wully
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Should my actual download speed meet the Max Achievable speed once the 10 day settling period is over?

And the bt speed tester was done via a wired connection, not wireless.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 22

Have you checked that you have up to date drivers on your network adaptor card. Use the card or computer manufacturer's website to check rather than using Windows which can often be out of date with the manufactures.

Wully
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 22

Indeed, drivers have been downloaded from the manufacturers website.

The speed is the same from other wired computers/laptops wired directly to the BT HomeHub 5.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

Your Homehub stats and your IP profile are all good so you should be getting about 76Mbps without problem. I would try one reset of the Homehub and then run the speed test and diagnostic test again.

Wully
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Should I be resetting the router within the first 10 days? Or should I wait until after the 10 days have passed?

Thanks everyone for the help so far 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 22

As you are still in 10 day period I would wait. Can you run btspeedtester again with wired connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Wully
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 22

Ran it again, from a wired connection as before

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 22

As the others have said, it looks like the line quality is very good, and the high snr is just because the line is SO good you can get maximum speed with high SNR.

Your speed both up and down are very close to the values that would be expected with a 40/10 install.  It might be worth getting someone to check if BT have got a wrong setup somewhere for your line.  Normally the 10 day settling is for DLM to adjust, but that is NOT the issue here as you have good sync speeds.  I've notified a mod who may be in touch and look into it for you.