Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ginge
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Infinity 2 Speed and Dropouts

My problem is that every 24hrs I need to reboot my router as the speed slowly degrates and drops to a snails pace ie; (2-5Mbps download but a slightly better upload speed of 7-8Mbps can be expected, however, after I do a reboot the speed then returns to 72-75Mbps with 17-18Mbps upload speed.

The router is split into 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands and I've also noticed that anything using the 5Ghz band will achieve +70Mbps but those devices on 2.4Ghz only achieve a 52Mbps speed, but as decribed above both bands will slowly degrade to a snails pace after 24hrs. (not all my devices are dual band)

I also have regular drop outs at various times of the day, very commonly around midnight, but they can happen at anytime of the day, I've done the usual BT diagnostics, tests and suggestions, but nothing shows up?  My neighbours either side of me are not reporting any problems at all?

My question is, do I have a line fault, is my Hub 5 faulty or do I have another kind of infinity issue...

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Infinity 2 Speed and Dropouts

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings