cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksteptoe
Message 121 of 425

Re: Infinity 2: Speeds drop heavy in evenings?

Go to solution

Add Bedworth/CV12 to the list of locations that is very slow during peak - 5Mbs down from 37+Mbs, of course the BT
Wholesale tester reports the "expected" 37+Mbs.

Keith

0 Ratings
drfisher
Aspiring Contributor
Message 122 of 425

Go to solution

Guy from BT in India called and took control of my PC and was quite surprised by the numbers! At one point we got a 6Mb down and 18up Didn't seem to know anything about the issue reported at the exchange. Spent over 30 minutes tesyting things and said he would have to spoeak to BT Wholesale. It is is nice to feel we are I alone with the issues though judging by the posts in this forum.

0 Ratings
Jbaffoe
Message 123 of 425

Go to solution
Hi, I am also connected to the Swadlincote exchange (01283) via cabinet 50 (on infinity 2). I have been having exactly the same problems reported on this thread. First noticed this about 1 week ago. Before this since installation in December all was fine. I phoned BT yesterday, no great help. Their BT speed check claims all is okay, but third party checkers put my speed down from 45mbps to 1.5 Mbps (in the evening). BBC Iplayer as a test normally takes less than 3 mins to download a 1hr show in SD, it's currently taking over 45 mins. As everyone is pointing out the point of infinity is to stream etc. in the evenings! It's an expensive product if it only works while I'm at work!
Is the problem the connection to the cabinet, the local cabinet itself (oversubscribed), the exchange or something else? I have simple needs, unfortunately fast broadband is one of them!
P.S this evenings speeds are no better.
0 Ratings
Locky
Expert
Message 124 of 425

Go to solution

This problem isn't an exchange problem IMO, this problem is further down the network, I'm 100% sure this is to do with the Sheffield node!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jr_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 125 of 425

Go to solution
Belper also a problem, been streaming on Twitch all day fine, hits about 6pm and cant even watch a stream let alone stream myself, getting less than 2mb down (says 62mb on the router), and it says 13mb up on the router up but its fluctuates between 0.5 to about 5-6mb. Feels like this is throttling on my connection until I saw this thread.
0 Ratings
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 126 of 425

Go to solution

Confirming issues in Belper this evening. It's usually fine but this evening 2Mbps - 8Mbps. Wholesale speedtest reports the full 71Mbps as usual though.

0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 127 of 425

Go to solution

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6360-no-sign-yet-of-bt-wholesale-congestion-improving.html

At least BT Wholesale have issued a statement and bit of an explanation...

0 Ratings
sarahh84
Message 128 of 425

Go to solution

Just tested mine in Nuneaton. 5 down 9 up wired and 2 down 5 up wireless. We get 37 up till around 4pm. Wholesale test says we get 42?

0 Ratings
SteveChapman
Contributor
Message 129 of 425

Go to solution
Another person from Nuneaton fedup with evening speed my broadband is simply not fit for purpose
But of info on my issue
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Never-been-so-fedup-with-an-ISP-provider/m-...
0 Ratings
Sparky225
Contributor
Message 130 of 425

Go to solution

Price cut on our bill until it fixed..Smiley Sad