cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveChapman
Contributor
Message 181 of 425

Re: Infinity 2: Speeds drop heavy in evenings?

Go to solution
I hope so too.. Now all you need to do is let your support team know there is an issue, and maybe they can stop saying there is no issue.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
jr_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 182 of 425

Go to solution

I hope theres going to be a refund towards our bills for this issue, as paying customers whether its your fault or not, the product were paying for isnt being supplied.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 183 of 425

Go to solution
Why Monday but not Saturday and Sunday?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Radio_Pirate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 184 of 425

Go to solution
I also have rubbish speeds tonight. Usual download is 64mb but the past two evening it's crawling along and 5mb with severe packet loss and jitter.

I'm in the Chaddesden area of Derby.

0 Ratings
Sparky225
Contributor
Message 185 of 425

Go to solution

What HUB's\Routers are being used out there !!

Me Netgear

0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 186 of 425

Go to solution

Radio Pirate said - I also have rubbish speeds tonight. Usual download is 64mb but the past two evening it's crawling along and 5mb with severe packet loss and jitter.

I'm in the Chaddesden area of Derby.

I'm in Mickleover and have been suffering too, thought it was an issue local to my connection, until i stumbled upon this thread.

Speeds are dire at the moment.

0 Ratings
SteveChapman
Contributor
Message 187 of 425

Go to solution
Well latest from BT and the fault I have logged with them... Nothing, this forum has more answers about what's giving on at the moment than the phone support.

How annoyed am. I at the moment,

3 times BT have promised to call me back 3 times they have failed, called complaints line and they failed to help so put me on to her manager, she said to run line tests they need the home hub connected and the Draytek is no good when carrying out tests... (biggest load of **bleep** I've heard) I asked he if this is the case how did they run line tests and other bits yesterday? No reply. After telling her this is a load of rubbish the complaints manager became very heated with me over the phone wtf... After much debate on the phone I said I can connect the home hub but not till I am back as I was out. AGAIN THEY PROMISSED TO CALL ME BACK... AGAIN I AM WITH OUT A FLAMING CALL... How can such a big company treat there customer like **bleep**..

A few thing that I would love to be cleared up are,

Draytek 2860 according to phone support is no good true? ( I doubt it)
Is it true they can only run tests with homehub connected?
If the one above is true how did they previously run tests?
Do BT make it a habit to lie to customers?
Why do BT promises you the will call and repeatedly not? (4 times now) 2x from "managers"
Why don't the phone support see the fault when there is clearly so many people with the issue?

Valued customers my **bleep**

PS some one needs to tell phone support what a Draytek router is as they had no idea.
0 Ratings
SteveChapman
Contributor
Message 188 of 425

Go to solution
Would seem or certainly feels like to me, the complaints team truly don't give a dam.
0 Ratings
Sparky225
Contributor
Message 189 of 425

Go to solution

They have asked me to put a Home Hub also (Netgear at mo) so I have asked them to send me one, I will reconnect a Home Hub when I receive it Monday just prove that it will not make one bit off difference, yet again bang on 11PM speed returns to normal.

Have these support people worked in IT Support, they have an issue with all these customers who are all on the same Broadband Package in different areas and problem starts for everyone at the same time (18:00hrs ish to 23:00hrs ish), so they have a single point of failure at a certain time of the day every day..

Lets have the truth BT, may be we should all contact OfCom...

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/service-problems/

0 Ratings
SteveChapman
Contributor
Message 190 of 425

Go to solution
Nothing at all to do with you router, BT recommend all types of router...

http://www.shop.bt.com/category/networking,routers-and-switches,routers/11304

The must have HOME HUB connected is rubbish, plus it's the open reach router that does the ip profiling and syncing the homehub seems to be auth only.

This is the very router i own an you can't run tests? Balls
http://www.shop.bt.com/products/draytek-vigor-2860n-adsl-vdsl-wireless-router-8W2G.html
0 Ratings