cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 301 of 425

Re: Infinity 2: Speeds drop heavy in evenings?

Go to solution
Yeah I know wifi is prone to interference but this never happened before. We have little or no interference so the app has always been solid 35 - 40 mbits. Plus it's doing it on both 2.4 ghz and the 5 ghz spectrums. So there is definetely throttling here
0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 302 of 425

Go to solution

Seems to be ok here in burton on trent ...near town ....hope it stays like this now.

0 Ratings
RoyG
Contributor
Message 303 of 425

Go to solution

Whilst this latest technical issue seems improved, one doubts very much if the underlying BT fault, of shall we say, doubting their valued customers,when said customers contact them and report a fault. Do BT think their customers take pleasure in ringing their helpline or posting on forums with "false" readings.  oh and Swadlincote speed is still holding firm...

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 304 of 425

Go to solution
Suddenly at 9.30 pm the speedtest.app is giving the expected 35 mbit downloads. So that was an hour and a half of throttling
0 Ratings
Radio_Pirate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 305 of 425

Go to solution

All seems good tonight in Derby 01332 (Willowcroft Exchange) Hope it continues.

0 Ratings
Sparky225
Contributor
Message 306 of 425

Go to solution

I guess we all would like to know what the fix was for this issue, its only taken 24 days to resolve (if it stays resolved that is)...

Switched off throttling ?

Upgraded the exchange ?

Lets see if we get any responce....

Lets hope this is the end, I still want a rebate on my bill this month though !!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jr_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 307 of 425

Go to solution

Well i put a complaint it regarding the issue stating I was not happy with paying for the service, got someone who said they knew there was an issue but without sending an engineer to my property they wouldnt be able to resolve the issue

So i tried to advise him of BT Wholesales statement and the fact this wasnt just happening to me, and demanding to speak to a manager, got nothing, he pretty much put the phone down on me. Worst customer service EVER, and I will be taking this matter to OfCom now i think.

0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 308 of 425

Go to solution

Not sure if it was posted on here, but the reason for the problems with a lot of people in the Midlands (Leicester, Nuneaton, Coventry, Tamworth, Burton upon Trent etc.) was an issue with a 21CN corelink between Derby and Liverpool. This was fixed late yesterday afternoon (Update was from Plusnet).

There are on going issues with other exchanges at the moment around the country.

0 Ratings
Sparky225
Contributor
Message 309 of 425

Go to solution

If there was an issue with CORE Exchange why didnt the BT Support know about this, instead they would keep sending OpenReach Engineers out, and what was the point in keep doing line tests...

Why just make statement and say we are aware on an issue in Derby which may be causing your problems, instead keep going around in dame circles...DO THEY TALK TO EACH OTHER !!!

Do they have a problem manager ?

Lets hope it is fixed and we get no more issues...

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 310 of 425

Go to solution

I don't think it was totally right last night though as I still had slow speedtest.net results on the iOS app for a couple of hours until 10.30/11 pm (INGREBOURNE exchange which is near Romford, Essex). I know speedtests are not given as much credence under wifi but it's only happened last few days purely in the evenings since all the fun began. The plummeting needle after an initial burst (although pings were always good at 20-25 ms). This was under 5 ghz wifi too with no interference. Some sort of throttling still going on - maybe the mobile speedtest uses different ports that are still being squashed by BT, although it's all a bit technical and over my head. All I know is nothing should be throttled under Infinity 2.

0 Ratings