cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gatesy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 341 of 425

Re: Infinity 2: Speeds drop heavy in evenings?

Go to solution

BT Wholesale Speedtest and real-world file download speeds normal at the mo for me 01375(Grays).

Will keep an eye on it.

Speedtest.net appears to be ok too.

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 342 of 425

Go to solution
I power cycled the open reach modem just in case but made no diffetence
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 343 of 425

Go to solution
Now Wholesale speedtest has dropped to 26 mbits download now. I had close to 40 last week. IP profile is 38 mbits so it's not the sync speed. Something is definetely wrong! Come on BT
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 344 of 425

Go to solution

Hi Gatesy

How did your speeds hold up last night in the end? Mine were terrible until about 10.30. Speedtest was on both hard wired desktop and on iOS devices were generally below 20 mbits & even Sky On demand, hard wired to my box via ethernet was having trouble loading in. Absolutely awful. Usually the wholesale test falsifies things for me claiming 35-40 mbits but even that was on the go slow at under 20 mbits and pings were slightly up. As soon as it hit 10.30 things were infinetely better and by 11 everything rock solid top possible speed. I refuse to believe that BT are not still traffic shaping. They cannot tell me that certain sites/servers for speedtest, sky on demand etc etc etc all suddenly stop being congested all at the same time!

Obviously after 11 and this morning before work everything was great so will look again this evening. If it continues I am not sure what to do but am not prepared to put up with sub standard performance. Something has changed, for 3 years infinity has been fine every day, whatever the time - then since last thursday/Friday time it bombed.

0 Ratings
Sparky225
Contributor
Message 345 of 425

Go to solution

Broadband Speed is still fine in the Hinckley Area at mo 40MB at peak time 7PM - 11PM, so somthings been fixed since Monday...

BT just called me to say can we close your complaint, with a reply not so quick in closing that complaint mate...

I wish it to be open until after the weekend, keeping my eye on it....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Just_Liz
Contributor
Message 346 of 425

Go to solution
I am only getting speeds of 16-18MBps on Inifnity 2 in the evenings. I'm at work in the day so the evenings is when I really need the speeds, to cope with all the devices attached. It's absolutely dire.
0 Ratings
gatesy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 347 of 425

Go to solution

@Scottyboy99 - all appeared ok last night - s@d's law - been awful for the last 2-3 weeks but ok the last few days.

I'll be running tests tonight and will update accordingly.

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 348 of 425

Go to solution
Cheers for the update gatesy. I am itching to get home and see what's happening. Will report later.

Just_liz, I feel for you, I with long days too so past week I have never seen what it's like to have decent internet. BT obviously expecting us too stay up til the small hours just to enjoy something we pay for. Sounds great to me, I'll stay up til 2 am doing my internet things and then get up at my usual 5 am and go to work!
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 349 of 425

Go to solution
Yep just got in at 7.10 pm and speedtests are slowing with plummeting needle. Down to about 20 mbits. Am sure it would go lower if the test ran longer! So frustrated.
0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 350 of 425

Go to solution

@Scottyboy99 wrote:
Yep just got in at 7.10 pm and speedtests are slowing with plummeting needle. Down to about 20 mbits. Am sure it would go lower if the test ran longer! So frustrated.

same here Scotty 😞

0 Ratings