cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: Infinity 2 - Terrible speeds and disappointing customer service.

Wholesale are aware of the problem and it will be addressed however at this time there appears to be no fix date

If you are still in contract cancellation could be expensive this problem could also be affecting other ISP's
0 Ratings
DianaH
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

You are, of course, absolutely correct. Any other ISP who piggy-backs BT's lines will be having exactly the same issues and there is probably zero benefit to swapping other than an alternative ISP might have made their customer service reps. aware of the issue who could then pass that information on to us!

Being informed about various 'network faults' and 'line issues' from someone in another continent doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the whole set-up if it turns out, as has been suggested, that it is under-investment and lack of equipment in the local area that is causing the problems.

To me, a contract defines a two-way agreement. BT agree to provide a service (high speed fibre broadband with speeds faster than ADSL for a higher price) and I agree to pay for that regularly and on time.

I have kept my end of the contract. I don't think BT have kept theirs.

Whilst I am not someone to immediately shout 'foul' when something goes wrong, and I am aware that issues will crop up from time to time, I do not see why I, Galabonny and many others should pay over the odds for speeds we could get at a lower price tier. If this is going to be an indefinite issue and is not resolved within a reasonable time scale - say a week from now, given that this has been going on for ages - it is something I would consider taking up with Trading Standards.

Hopefully it won't come to that and this will be resolved, as it was previously, by BT engineers.

Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

capacity issues have existed since the days of dial up it is not a new problem

from the BT Terms & Conditions

Quality of Service
We aim to provide a continuous, high-quality service but we do not guarantee either the quality of the service or that the service will be available at all times. From time to time faults in the service may occur. We will repair these faults as soon as we can.
If you activate parental controls, we do not accept responsibility if, due to a fault in our systems, we are unable to block websites you have elected to bar. Where this happens, we will rectify any fault as soon as we can.
We cannot currently provide the service in all parts of the United Kingdom and where we are able to provide the service, it may not be available in all service options.
For certain service options, we may take action to manage the network's performance during periods where there is a high demand. Please refer to the 'Help' section at http://www.bt.com/broadbandusagepolicy for more details.
0 Ratings
DianaH
Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Sure, and I've been around since dial-up myself. I know the issues.

That does not preclude me from having a chat with my friendly Trading Standards office about BT charging a higher rate for a service that is worse than one at a lower price tier.

Yes, some days the service will not be available. Storms, floods, equipment failure, human error etc., etc. Any reasonable person will accept that these issues are beyond BT's control, they may be widespread and may take some time to resolve.

Signing up too many people for the equipment available is not beyond BT's control and consistently, rather than occasionally, failing to provide said service may be of interest to standards authorities. That's all I'm saying.

I am being charged for something I'm not getting. I still have faith BT will fix it, but I'm not averse to taking it further if they don't.

DianaH
Contributor
Message 15 of 20

And here we go:

The load balancing/throttling/whatever has been lifted.

So, basically I get the service I paid for from midnight to 9am, when I am asleep.

For the remaining 15 hours I get 3Mb/s. If anyone from BT thinks this is acceptable and within the terms of the contract, then please put yourself on record now! Please tell me and everyone else in the area that you feel that this is an acceptable service for our monthly payments which are higher than the 8Mb ADSL package that had better performance. We are being charged more for less.

If you feel that 'up to 80Mb/s' means 1Mb/s is acceptable than please formally declare it - I suppose by the strict definition of the phrase that could mean 0Mb/s is fine. It's well within the scope of 'up to'.

If no one is prepared to do that then I will assume that you think it is not acceptable...

Right, off to bed. I'll have to leave my working broadband and wake up to a sub-ADSL connection tomorrow.

Awesome.

after-midnight.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Hi DianaH,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection. I'm sure I can help with this. Can you drop me an email with the details? You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
derekdel
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 20

The work is scheduled to be completed by or soon after 20th March.

@imjolly 
''Problem with your central heating''  come on man!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 20

@derekdel wrote:

The work is scheduled to be completed by or soon after 20th March.

@imjolly 
''Problem with your central heating''  come on man!!!

if you search the forum there was one recently where the switch on central heating was arcing and causing interference enough to drop connection - I didn't not make the comment for fun

obviously your area is having severe problems with congestion and just need to wait until Wholesale sort it out

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SLOOJ72
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Could this lanark SVLA problem  effect Carluke also ?

I am getting 4mbps WIRED on BT infinity 2 ....at 20.00 pm

During the night speeds are great.

i am cabinet 10 ..  

Engineer didnt show yesterday

0 Ratings
DianaH
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

I think we are all suffering from the Lanark exchange issues - I would imagine Carluke goes through it as well. Two days after the upgrade was supposed to be done and the speeds are still as you describe here as well.

0 Ratings