Hi. For years I have had a great connection at 62Mbps down, 18Mbps up rock steady with BT Infinity 2 Unlimited - Fibre to Cabinet, which is only about 500 Meters away at the most.
Over the last 4 weeks, speeds start reducing at around 6pm to anything as low as 5 Mbps - 12 Mbps until about 11.30pm to 12 midnight when the speed then promply ramps up to the full 62 Mbps again. Same slow speeds at peak times at weekends, as low as 5Mbps. I usually have around 15 Mbps to 18 Mbps upload speed constantly throught the 24 hours of the day, although during the last BT wholesale test (shown below) it dropped to 13 Mbps. The upload speed doesnt normally change at peak times at all and the slowdown in speed occurs every day, day in day out.
Have spoken to level 1 and level 2 support in India. No help what so ever. They sent me a brand new HH5, as they had run out of ideas like reseting the hub blah blah blah - as expected this made no difference at all. So here I am, a month on, stuck, trying to sort this issue out.
All tests done with WiFi turned off and one Win7 PC wired directly to HH5. HHr is wired directly into the top socket on the BT master socket, so the filter is inside the socket - no external filter. No telephones connected to the line either as I only use my mobile for calls, not the landline.
BT wholesale speed tests (of which I have many screenshots) confirm this:
As you can see, line IP profile shows 64.78 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up.
Router Stats are:
1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076286+1524001888
3. Firmware version: v0.07.05.0A13-BT (Type B) Last updated [Unknown]
4. Board version: 01
5. VDSL uptime: 7 days, 20:31:51
6. Data Rate: 19999 / 66999
7. Maximum Data Rate: 23614 / 68249
8. Noise Margin: 15.1 / 6.4
9. Line Attenuation: 18.9 / 16.2
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 1.4 GB / 25.6 GB
12. Broadband username: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. BT Wi-fi: Yes
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-KGFS
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Disabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-KGFS-5.0
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
BT Broad band checker indicates the following results and speeds, which clearly I am not getting as the speed is falling even seriously well below the impacted 35 Mbps estimate.
Also, BT online Broadband checker shows me that I should get speeds of 60 - 79Mbps and 'should be accurate to within 1 or 2mb':
So based on this evidence I think my unlimited Infinity 2 has a problem - but according to India it is fine, all good and working to maximum capacity.
I am so frustrated over this as there is just no one to talk to at BT. If I had hair, I would have pulled it out by now.
Posting here is a last resort to see if anyone else has had similar problems, before I consider what my next course of action is.
Thanks for reading!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I think what @Webby has said is correct and its likely a capacity related fault impacting your service. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?
|Did you get the help you needed?|
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
|Show your appreciation!|
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
|Help guide to using the community? Click below|
Hi PaddyB - thanks for your post - I've sent my details as suggested [incident ref: 160322-*****] .... thanks for taking this up for me.