Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: Infinity 2 Upgrade - 80/20 Compatible, but only receiving 60/20

@licquorice wrote:

Except the OP's line attenuation is only 12.1dB which should give a much higher speed.

Yes the OP's speed should be nearer the maximum.

0 Ratings
Knights
Beginner
Message 12 of 20

@licquorice @pippincp

Thanks. What do you recommended doing? Is there anything that can be done to get the maximum speed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
danbrandon89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

even if his line has low attenuation which I agree would usually resemble more than 70+ considering mine is 13.1dB but surely there are signs of interference as his SNR is as low as his cabinet will allow?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 20

@danbrandon89 True.

@Knights I guess at the end of the day how much of an impact is the slightly slower speed. Unless you are streaming multiple 5K channels I'm not sure you would notice the difference.

0 Ratings
Knights
Beginner
Message 15 of 20

@licquorice

I'm getting 56mb on wire via BT Wholesale so the difference would help with the amount of devices connected to the network. I game a lot as well, and the extra mb would help out. I know it's only 20-25mb. However, if the cabinet doesn't support the difference then i will have to live with it. I guess going from Virgin -> BT is a big hit for me, as i moved house and was getting 362mb. It's only BT and the other sharing providers that's availiable in my area.

The main concern i had was when i first joined BT i was getting 50-56mb anyway, so makes me think i was originally on Infinity 2 instead of Infinity 1 to begin with. When i renewed my contract they said they had upgraded me to infinity 2, but didn't notice anything different in speed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 20

Gaming actually uses very little bandwidth.

You could try getting another engineer visit to see if they can improve things.

0 Ratings
danbrandon89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

I agree with @licquorice it relies on 1. being on fastpath and 2. the upload speed is just as important as download so in a sense you are no better or worse off really either way

0 Ratings
Knights
Beginner
Message 18 of 20

@danbrandon89 @licquorice

Thanks, so based on the results i posted nothing can be done?

As mentioned i have had two engineers out and all they did was reset the DLM and checked the cabinet. Is it just the type of cabinet to be unfortuante to receive the max sync at 60mb?

Engineers said that 80/20 was compatable hence my thread, so was confused.

0 Ratings
danbrandon89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 20

@Knights unfortunately nobody knows how a line will react based on its environmental conditions. You can make an estimation and say yes theoretically I would guess you would hit 70Mbps sync easily with your line length but due to SNR on your line no it is not possible and with the cab being ECI like me your not able to go to 3dB margin with G.INP support

0 Ratings
Knights
Beginner
Message 20 of 20

@danbrandon89 Thank you. I appreciate your replies. Shame about the cabinet. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings