Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jameskillman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Infinity 2 Upgrade offer

Go to solution

I've had infinty 1 for about 18 months with a connection speed of @17Mbs. At the beginning of May this dropped to 13Mbs. I have now received an offer from BT to upgrade to Infinity 2 and when I stated to process the order I noticed that the guranteed speed is 15Mbs - less than I was getting in April. Can anyone tell me if openreach have altered my line?

I ask because being cynical, it seems strange that my line speed has dropped and BT then offer me less than my original speed for more money.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity 2 Upgrade offer

Go to solution

with your connection speed a move to infinity 2 will not increase your speed but if free then take it  - it just a move of the 40/55mb cap to 80mb but it will not affect your speed as it is well below infinity 1 max level  there is no change to your line

I would be wary when it comes to renewal though and make sure you revert back to infinity 1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jameskillman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm not going to take up the offer.
0 Ratings
Paulfb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Although this is tagged as solved just info for the OP that I also am on infinity 1 with similar capped speed around 17 mb and was offered inf 2 which on my line would be impossible so my guess is these offers are just some generic mail offer and not specific to any individual line capability. As an aside I just recontracted inf 1 hoping to get a boost, still waiting, but thats a different story and off topic.

0 Ratings