cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radio_Pirate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Infinity 2 Upload Speed Halved.

Hi, I seem to of lost half of my usual upload speed, I was having lots of disconnections in January so put in a call the BT who booked me a "Boost" engineer. He obsereved the disconnections and performed a "Lift &Shift" in my cabinet which also resulted in a reset of the DLM system.

Things were fine for a month and I had a rock solid IP Profile of 62.46 and a typical download speed of 60Mb with an upload of 18Mb. Things were great and my Remote Desktop sessions from work to home we're snappy and fast. Just what I want.

About a month later the connection decided to drop and change IP address and lower the profile down the 57mb and the upload speed reduced to 10mb. I waited a week with no change so decided to power cycle the modem and router to try and reset the connection. I did this at 2pm for optimum sync while noise should be low. This brought my IP profile up to 58mb but still only 10mb downstream. A far cry from the speeds maintained for a month after an engineer visit.

I put a call into BT about this but hit a brick wall of un helpful support from a guy who was clearly reading answers from a script that had no idea. He told me it was my PC and to take it in for repair. Despite informing him I am seeing the same results on all PC,s and with the home hub and my own router. He also said my line won't support more than 10mb upload despite telling him it was happily running at 18mb for over a month.

I have also noticed that the good speeds were while using a 109 IP address but I am now on an 86 address that also refuses to change when rebooting the router. It used to change without fail before but now seems stuck for several reboots. Something has changed in the network.

All in all I'm fed up with the bad attitude I seem to get on the phone from BT. I originally joined a year ago and was getting just under 70mb down and nearly 19Mb Up which I was happy with as had moved from a 60mb virgin package. It has gradually degraded and they tell me it's down to more customers and cross talk. Am I meant to accept that it is now below the speed of the pervious supplier? It's a joke.

I have about 6 months to go on the contract. Has anyone managed to leave early due to degrading service? It seems unfair to have to put up with it and no firm sensible answers from BT.

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity 2 Upload Speed Halved.

Hi Radio_Pirate,

I can take a look at your connections. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Radio_Pirate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, i have filled in the contact the mods form and wait for more info.

Reagrds Dominic

0 Ratings
Radio_Pirate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I still havn't heard anything from the mods regarding this enquiry?

I have spoken to a few other folk who have also seen a reduction in upload speed in my local area and looking at a few router stats we can see that upstream sync is down and so is power.

This would suggest that BT have been lowering customer upload power to improve crosstalk on the local network that was impacting noise and the ability to keep good downstream sync.

The speed claims are once again massaged just for marketing as once the cabinets become full of customers things reduce. 

I wish I hadn't been one of the first on my cabinet as then I would of had a true idea at the start of my contract and probably told them as it was below the Virgin performance I wont be keeping it. 

6 months to go before I can get a 152/10 product for less money I guess.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi Radio_Pirate,

I've checked our email queue and we have received your details.  You're very very close to the top now so not too long before one of the mods give you a shout Smiley Happy

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings