Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GANDAUK
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Infinity 2 and microfilters

Go to solution

We're in the process of ordering Infinity 2, and I was just wondering whether this system would require using microfilters on phone extensions in the house? we have 2 phones - one in the office, where the hub will be situated along with the new BT faceplace etc, and the other in the hallway. Would both of these phones require a microfilter?

Apologies if this question's been asked before.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Infinity 2 and microfilters

Go to solution

No you should not need to use micro filters with infinity 2. The installer should change the master socket to a filtered one and that should do away with the need for filters on your extensions.

0 Ratings
shyne
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

No you would not need microfilters anymore. The master socket will have two sockets, one for infinity and one for phone line or any phone extension cables. 

0 Ratings
shyne
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
Someone beat me to it.
0 Ratings
GANDAUK
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
Cheers folks. That's a relief to know. Many thanks
0 Ratings
atttim
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, I had Infinity Option1 installed yesterday but he didn't tell me to uplug my filters to my two phone extensions.

Its an Openreach MK2 mastersocket fitted.

I assume I can remove them for Option 1 as well...??

0 Ratings
fable
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
if the extensions are wired in to the mastersocket properly
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@fable wrote:
if the extensions are wired in to the mastersocket properly

If they are not it will only cause speed problems.

0 Ratings
cnberg
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Actually you do need to use ADSL microfilters with BT Infinity on all the single socket phone extensions in your house. The engineer will install the main socket with 2 sockets and tthis does not require a microfilter. All the other sockets DO REQUIRE microfilters.

If you don't have microfilters installed then you will interupt the BT Infinity connection and youi'll also suffer from a loss of speed.

I've just had BT Infinty 2 installed and was told by the engineer that I didn't need microfilters. But my connection was broken every time I made a phone call. Spoke to BT and replaced the microfilters and everything is fine now, including much better speed. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@cnberg wrote:

Actually you do need to use ADSL microfilters with BT Infinity on all the single socket phone extensions in your house. The engineer will install the main socket with 2 sockets and tthis does not require a microfilter. All the other sockets DO REQUIRE microfilters.

If you don't have microfilters installed then you will interupt the BT Infinity connection and youi'll also suffer from a loss of speed.

I've just had BT Infinty 2 installed and was told by the engineer that I didn't need microfilters. But my connection was broken every time I made a phone call. Spoke to BT and replaced the microfilters and everything is fine now, including much better speed. 

Then yours was a bad install, and was not wired up correctly.

Filters are not needed on extensions if its been done properly.

infinity_wiring1.jpg

0 Ratings