cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NMP
Beginner
Message 61 of 75

Re: Infinity 2 and still at 38 Meg

In the Mac OS wirless is controlled in the system preferences by Airport. If you have a cable connection its best to have Airport off - which I do.

I could see my mac in the devices list, it said

• Connection Type: Ethernet
  • IP Address: 192.168.*.**
  • IP Address Allocation: Static
  • IP Address Type: Private (NAT)
  • Hardware Address: 10:9a:dd:5b:2b:a2
  • Content Screening Group: No Restrictions
  • Internet Access Control Schedules: No restrictions

did not mention speed though??!!

0 Ratings
NMP
Beginner
Message 62 of 75

I have spoken to BT and they say they will do nothing - I am not sure how to escalate as they keep going back to the 12mbps rate - -aaarrrgghhhh!!!

0 Ratings
Dean78
Contributor
Message 63 of 75

I just used that BRAS checker on got these details on Infinity option 2 up to 80meg

This is a 21CN line.
The current Downstream BRAS rate is: 40.83 Mbps
The current Upstream BRAS rate is: 20 Mbps

Exchange: ST AUSTELL (WWSAUS)
BT Recorded Line Length (m): 2579

Looks like my line length is low but my max download rate is very low for that lentgh, I'm gussing this probably means i'm not on copper all the way to cab or my line is generally rubbish lol.

0 Ratings
Topham
Contributor
Message 64 of 75

Heres my BRAS info:

The Service ID is:
This is a 21CN line.
The current Downstream BRAS rate is: 38.72 Mbps
The current Upstream BRAS rate is: 10 Mbps

Data For: 01617954315
Exchange: CHEETHAM HILL (MRCHE)
BT Recorded Line Length to Exchange (m): 4402
BE LLU: Activated
Real Error: Migration code required for this number

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 65 of 75

Dean78's profile looks as if he is clearly on Infinity2; it may be that waiting patiently, leaving the modem and disconnectding/reconnecting the router daily may gradually see an increase in speed.

Topham's looks as if it may be stuck on Infinity 1 somehow.  Contact the mods: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951. They will probably take a few days to respond, but may well get you sorted.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 75

could I suggest that both posters remove there service ID's as they relate to the line and therefore is personal data also the line lengths are misleading when referring to infinity as the figure quoted is line length to the exchange and not the distance to the cabinet to the users home
Dean78
Contributor
Message 67 of 75

Thanks John46

Removed the ID from my post. Would make sense that the line length is to the exchange as the green box I'm connected to is only about 200 meters up the road.
0 Ratings
Topham
Contributor
Message 68 of 75

Can i ask kindly if i cant get Infinity 2 at the moment when is it being rolled out to my Cab?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 69 of 75

what did the mod tell you in the email?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sageman
Contributor
Message 70 of 75

I would suggest that you are all wasting your time. I have a similar problem with so called infinity 2. Agreed to extend my contract. No increase from Infinity 1 even although my estimated speed said there would be.

In short I think BT are selling something to some customers that they can not provide and the get out clause is if the speed is  above 12 then it is deemed to be acceptable. It is a bit like buying a Ferrari and being told it is capable of doing 160 mph but if it only does 12 mph there is not a problem.

As soon as my contract is up I will be taking my custom to a company that can supply the service they are charging me for.

0 Ratings