cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alkesaur
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Infinity 2 becoming more and more unstable

I've had Infinity 2 at my old address for almost a year and at the new one since July. Everything was fine but in the last month the connection has been getting progressively unstable. I still usually get 70-75 mbps download on speedtests, however it sometimes drops to 2-15 mbps and latency raises as well. The low speed isn't constant but happens in "spikes", sometimes lasting less than a minute and sometiimes than 5-10 minutes. For example:

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 2.8 Mbps

0 Mbps77.43 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.8 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-77.43 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 77.43 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 6.89 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 6.89Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.

If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.

In the past week these spikes have gotten so bad and so frequent that online gaming is impossible and video streaming is frustrating to say the least. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity 2 becoming more and more unstable

Good morning Alkesaur, and welcome to the forum.......

Can you carry out the "quiet line" test ? Using a corded phone plugged into the test socket on the master socket, dial 17070 and choose option 2. There should be no crackles, popping, buzzing, etc, in fact, it should be quiet........

Can you log-in to your homehub and post the first 12 lines that show under the "helpdesk" tab, assuming that is, that you have a Homehub 5 ?

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity 2 becoming more and more unstable

Unlikely to be a line issue with an ip profile like that. Possibly congestion at the exchange.
0 Ratings