cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Infinity 2 download speed - IP Profile problem?

For a few months now I've been aware that I'm not getting my full download speed on Infinity 2. My SmartHub is syncing at 62.15Mbps yet I only get a maximum of 56Mbps during speed tests.

When I first noticed the problem I ran the BT Wholesale Speedtest and saw that my IP Profile was 58Mbps and had hoped it would improve over time but I'm still stuck with the same speeds irrespective of sync speed. My line is generally stable and rarely resyncs (It will happily stay up for 2 months at a time).

For the last couple of months the BTW Speedtest has consistently failed to give me the output of the further diagnostics so I can't see my IP Profile speed.

Is there anything that can be done to get my full speed - we use all of our bandwidth so its worth having the 6Mbps extra.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity 2 download speed - IP Profile problem?

if your conenction speed is 62mb then after allowing for 'overheads' then your profile will be about 59/60mb so a download of 58mb is good  only way to get higher profile is improve your conenction speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

The connection speed is a long standing issue unfortunately as after an area power cut I sync at about 77Mbps/20Mbps but then as soon as whatever causes degredation on my line is back up, the next resync (which might be weeks later) is at 62/13.

I understand that the IP profile should be 96.8% of my sync or 60mbps in my case. The problem is that it never budged from 58 no matter what sync I get - even when I'm up near max speeds after a power cut. Sam Knows white box believes I get a consistent 55mpbs from my connection and the BTWS speed test says 56mps. 

It's annoying as I pay for Infinity 2 and used to get pretty much max speed but now I'm barely better off than an Infinity 1 user. I know my line can go faster, but its not bad enough that BT will do anything.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Can you post stats from your router, btspeedtester diagnostic test results and dslchecker results and then we can take it from there

are you currently using test socket?  Quiet line test ok with no noise?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings