Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sentrix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Infinity 2 - getting 10Mbps down...

Go to solution

Good evening,

a week or so ago I was pulling a pretty constant 60-70mbps down, now for the last 3 days in a row my downspeed just dies to 10Mbps...what gives?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Infinity 2 - getting 10Mbps down...

Go to solution

Hi @Sentrix,

Are you using a wired connection when you notice the speed drops? Have you made any changes to your set up?

Check the following link to see if it helps you Speed Tips.

There's a troubleshooter section there that may help too.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Sentrix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS,

Thought I would give you guys the benefit of the doubt as the speeds had increased back to almost full levels but alas, over the last few days inparticular I have divebombed back down to <10Mbps which for a customer paying 50 a month I find unacceptable to lose over 60Mbps...

Further to that I reported a fault (well rather your speed tests did) over 2 weeks ago and still I have no updates...

My connection has always been wired since I got the extra line in my room, I am the only device running off of this connection also.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Sentrix,

It'd be best if we spoke with you to find out what's happening. You can get in touch with us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. We'll then get back in touch with you over the next few days.

In the meantime, run a speed test at the following link: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com. Once it completes run further diagnostics so the speed results get sent back to our suppliers servers.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Sentrix,

I've had an update form wholesale on this. They've confirmed you're on a hot vlan and they're in the process of moving this circuit to an alternative SVLAN. I'm expecting another update in the next few days so once I get anything I'll be in touch.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Sentrix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Hi @DavidM,

Excellent news. Sorry I missed your call. If you could get in contact between 2:00 - 2:30 I will be able to pick up your call if possible as I'm at work.
Thanks.
0 Ratings
Shadowze
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

hi Sentrix,

I am having a very similar issue to you paying for 76Mb but seem to be stuck only getting 10Mb

I have tried contacting BT support several times but to no avail , did you ever get sorted out ?

0 Ratings
Sentrix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@Shadowze

In the midst of sorting it so it seems. I hope you get it sorted as I know how infuriating this issue can get.

0 Ratings
Shadowze
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I hope we both get sorted out

I mean getting a faster upload than you can download is a pretty clear indicator that something is wrong

getting 12Mbps download and 17Mbps upload and they say nothing is wrong ?????

0 Ratings
Sentrix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM

Please see speedtest done from BT Wholesale as requested.

All's looking good right now!

0 Ratings