cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Infinity 2 is no better than infinity 1... Rip off?

Hi

Had Bt Infinity 2 installed yesterday after waiting for weeks, while my neighbour had Zen installed after waiting just 2 days... I insisted that I was doing the right thing as I was going to get double the speed that he would and only BT could offer this service... When i do a speed test i get download speeds of 31Mb and upload speeds of around 6Mb...

What does he get...? Exactly the same.

These numbers are what i'd expect for Infinity 1, and I'm getting them for Infinity 2. He's getting them from a third party supplier and for half the price that I'm paying. I think I'm being ripped off....

Leeroy

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity 2 is no better than infinity 1... Rip off?

What was your estimated speed before you signed up? If your estimate was only within the Infinity 1 range then you are wasting your money gettingInfinity 2.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 10.06.31.pngScreen Shot 2014-03-05 at 10.08.25.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I was quoted up to 76 Mb if i remember rightly...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Just because you order Infinity 2 does not mean you will get Infinity 2 speeds. You will only ever get the maximum that your line can support. According to the estimater you have just run your line can only support speeds up to 39Mbps. 

The speed test shows that you are at the higher end of your estimated speed.

There is no way that you would be able to get speeds up to 76Mbps.

Were you given an estimate or were you told that Infinity 2 can reach speeds of 79Mbps.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Ordered on-line and was told my line could support either BT Inf 1 or BT Inf 2... 

It obviously can, just not provide the speeds!!

Ripped off then! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

A bit late now but you should have carried out an estimate of what speed you could get before ordering. It is up to the customer to decide what to purchase. You could try and see if they will "downgrade" you onto Infinity 1. Contact the Options Team 0800.800.030.

0 Ratings