cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmac123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Infinity 2 nightmare

Since mid June my broadband speed has slowed from 70meg to 20meg after 4 engineer visits including 2 to my house the speed has only been good for 8 days during this period. Absolutely fed up with the performance of bt here the last engineer said the fault lay in the bt server within the exchange and that was nothing to do with openreach. I am still waiting for a response from the so called customer service team as to when this will be sorted. Can a moderator pick this up and find out what's going on.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity 2 nightmare

What is the connection speed shown in the router?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
gmac123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

18meg download 10meg upload the engineer from openreach did all line checks etc found I am getting 79meg at socket diagnosed throughput error due to faulty server within the exchange
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

I assume this was done on a wired connection and not wireless?

Can you run this test http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ using a wired connection please and post up the results? You need to do the "further diagnostics" test after the initial test.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
gmac123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

18meg download 10meg upload
As I said openreach engineer did all tests on line and phoned his help desk who did various tests including something called a second line test which apparently bypasses the openreach equipment and the fault was found in the bt server within the exchange.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Can you do the tests that have been asked please and post the screenshots. Ensuring the speedtest is done with a wired connection.

If the mods need to intervene and offer their help, the tests I have asked will help them decide what action needs to be taken.
0 Ratings