cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hydro2duo
Message 1 of 5

Infinity 2 speed below guaranteed minimum by 10mbps

Hi,

Am in the CT9 area if that helps at all, I've been experiencing this for quite some time: upload speeds are around the same or slightly better than the guaranteed minimum of 18Mbps, while download speeds are averaging around 37-39Mbps, despite the fact that the guaranteed minimum is apparently 49Mbps.

No engineers have been seen as of yet about this, I should mention I'm not the one paying for the broadband though I live in the same house and have tried to fix things.

We're using a Home Hub 5 which was installed around July 2015-ish over IPv4 only (apparently IPv6 isn't supported), subnet mask and internal router IP hasn't been touched. Initially when we first got it we were averaging around 50-60Mbps but 2 years later (from about the end of 2016 onwards) it started falling gradually and becoming a lot more inconsistent.

I tried using the default DNS, Google DNS and CloudFlare DNS on a few different devices to no drastic effect or change.

Nothing's running outbound except a TCP port currently not assigned to any device for now. Not running a VPN or some other thing that could be slowing it...

I also rebooted the router 20 minutes ago to no effect... am at a loss here...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity 2 speed below guaranteed minimum by 10mbps

post stats from hh5  troubleshooting then helpdesk

enter phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone from test socket

the speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds not download speed - no ISP guarantees download/upload speeds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @hydro2duo,

Just a quick post to see how things are with your connection.

If you're still experiencing issues with your service, please could you try the steps as suggested by @imjolly and post back?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
hydro2duo
Message 4 of 5

Check the attachment. Apparently the line is running on market B and served by cabinet 21 https://i.ibb.co/z7HT5pN/C8-C34-E0-B-2087-4-D06-BD21-BF6-F13-FFCF89.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

dslchecker shows estimated connection speeed range 80/68mb

can you post router stats  post here rather than link as saves jumping between pages

quiet line test?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings