cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanious
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Infinity 2 speed drops every night.

Recently I've noticed that when I carry out a speed test from ookla the result comes back at around 20mbps when previous result would be 73mbps.  If I restart the HH, I'm back up to 70-75mbps but only for 24 hours.  I'm paying a fortune for my broadband and don't believe I'm getting value for money at this speed.

One thing to note, around 40 new homes have been built next to our estate.  Could this be the issue?

Any help would be helpful.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity 2 speed drops every night.

@seanious

a few things could impact speed, so to help 1st try BT DSL Checker - Remove your number before posting the picture (if possible) like this: 

11CT_Address_FTTC.JPG

That gives us an indication of what you should be able to get. 

Secondly what socket in the house is the Hub connected to, and do you have more than one socket? 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Post stats from your router. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post results must be done with wired connection and preferably with IE/edge

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
seanious
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

how are you guys adding a picture?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Have a read through this 

https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage

and in particular Images and Image Gallery and How do I insert an image in a post.

0 Ratings
seanious
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

can you post the router stats and btspeedtester results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings