Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bouf111
Beginner
Message 1 of 23

Infinity 2 speed drops from 50 meg to 16 at peak times - Bearwood exchange

Go to solution

Hi , recently my speed has been really poor at peak times and wonder whether my connection now is too congested, is there anything that can be done?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Infinity 2 speed drops from 50 meg to 16 at peak times

Go to solution

Hi @Bouf111 and welcome.

Can you confirm which exchange you're on? Can you try running the speed test including the further diagnostics when the connection is slow and post the results?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Bouf111
Beginner
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

Hi,

I am on the Bearwood Exchange

Results

download speed 12.83

upload 16.21

Ping 17.63

also did further diagnositc with same results.

Surely this cant be right for infinity 2

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Pete

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution
you need to post the further diagnostics test results as that result is saved on BT Wholesales servers
0 Ratings
Bouf111
Beginner
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

Hi these are the results from the additional test but as you can see there seems to have been an error.

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 8.45 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 16 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

@Bouf111 I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you. I can't see any issues reported with the Bearwood exchange but if there is congestion on the network it may be in a different location.  

If you send over your details we'll be happy to get this looked into. You can find the click here to contact the mods link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Tlwil13
Beginner
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution
@NeilO I've just opened up a new thread and then seen this one, we're on the same exchange and down from 50 to 4 for download speed so it doesn't appear to be an isolated issue.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @Bouf111 & @Tlwil13

From double checking there may be a potential congestion issue.

There is one particular VLAN on that exchange that BT Wholesale have identified as being over utilised.  So if both you guys are connected to that VLAN this will explain why you're seeing a slow down of your throughput speed during peak times.

@Tlwil13  Can you also send us over your details and we'll check this for you too?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Tolla
Beginner
Message 9 of 23

Re: Infinity 2 speed drops from 50 meg to 16 at peak times - Bearwood exchange

Go to solution
Hi robbie

I have exactly the same problem as Bouf111 and TIWIL13. I'm on the same exchange and from about 5pm till 12 am my infinity 1 speed drops to around 3 meg download and 6 meg upload.

Off peak it's back to normal at around 49 meg download and 10 upload. This has been happening all week.

Could I send you my contact details too?

Thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 23

Re: Infinity 2 speed drops from 50 meg to 16 at peak times - Bearwood exchange

Go to solution
Tolla you will need to wait for a moderator to post their contact link before you can send in your details
0 Ratings