cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: Infinity 2 speed drops from 50 meg to 16 at peak times - Bearwood exchange

Go to solution

Hi @Tolla,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Tolla
Beginner
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution
@john46

Thanks will wait for the moderator to do that.
0 Ratings
Tolla
Beginner
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution
@PaddyB

Thanks I have done that.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Re: Infinity 2 speed drops from 50 meg to 16 at peak times

Go to solution

Hi @Bouf111,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry that I didn't get speaking to you today. I've checked with BT Wholesale and unfortunately they aren't reporting any capacity issues at your exchange. In order to get this investigated, please can your run an up to date Speed Test the next time the slow down occurs? 

You'll need to run the "Further Diagnostics" once the first test completes. Once you have run the test, please post back the results and I'll chase this with Wholesale.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Tlwil13
Beginner
Message 15 of 23

Re: Infinity 2 speed drops from 50 meg to 16 at peak times

Go to solution

@PaddyB Further diagnostic results taken as seen below. An error also occurered regarding additional details etc.

Screenshot (1).png

0 Ratings
Tolla
Beginner
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution
@RobbieMac

I did a wired speedtest using a laptop but when it gets to the further diagnostic, it says an error occurred when trying to get further information.

The test was showing 3.8 down and 6 5 up.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

@Tolla Thanks for posting, I can see @RobbieMac has is due to get back to you tomorrow with an update. The speed test can be temperamental and would be worth trying again this evening if possible? The further diagnostics part of the test records on Wholesales system and it will help Robbie to provide evidence to the network team of the problem.  

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Tolla
Beginner
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution
@NeilO @RobbieMac

Yes, I will try again this evening . I kept getting an error on the further details part of the test and tried multiple times.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

@Tolla Thanks. @RobbieMac will be in touch tomorrow. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Tolla
Beginner
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

@NeilO @RobbieMac

Tried a wired speedtest this evening and every time on the further diagnostic part, I got  "an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service"

I ran the test at least 10 times.

I got 4.06 mb down and 7.59 mb up on the last try.

Please see screen shot below.

screenshot 7.jpg

0 Ratings