cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 41

Re: Infinity 2 speed drops over the last 6-8 months

Go to solution

@SuperFlyGuy Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out for your post letting me know if the profile has improved.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 32 of 41

Go to solution

@NeilO

Hi Neil,

I've just received your e-mail.

Since the engineer visit, our IP profile has remained at 33.25Mbps and download tests have been pretty much a constant 30-31 Mbps, which is a slight improvement on what were were getting previously.  I've kept a screen grab each day from the BT wholesale speed tester site.

However, I know our line is capable of a higher IP profile (it used to be around 40Mbps, giving us a download speed of between 37 and 38 Mbps).

I was hoping that the IP Proflie would have risen over the last week (router and modem have not been switched off and according to our router, there have been no dropped connections since 16:30 last Saturday).

I still wonder whether our profile is stuck as I would have expected speeds to have returned to what they were late last year.

As I said in my previous post, the line tests carried out by Open Reach indicated that the line was excellent with no faults.

I'd like to leave the case open for another 4 or 5 days and if our profile hasn't increased in that time, I'd like to try and request a profile reset.

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 41

Go to solution

@SuperFlyGuy That's no problem at all. I'll give you a call next week.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 34 of 41

Go to solution

I wanted to give an update to our speed issues.

Our IP Profile has remained at a solid 33.25Mbps since Sat 11th June.

Our download speeds look to me like they're now being limited by this IP profile.  What I mean is that our download speeds are constantly around 32Mbps but I have a suspiciion that with a higher IP profile, the speed would be increased.

I still think our IP profile is stuck and feel that our line is capable of higher download speeds (based on what we were getting up until around December last year).

Since it's been around 9 days since our engineer visit, long enough for DLM to kick in, is there some way in which our IP profile can be reset.  I realise that it will settle at the most stable speed but at this stage, I refuse to believe that we're getting the fastest download speed.

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 41

Go to solution

IP profile is a function of your sync rate, not the other way round. I.e your speed determines the IP profile.

0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 36 of 41

Go to solution
Ok. I didn't realise that. So what do people mean when they say their profile is "stuck"?

All I know is that up until the start of the year, our proflie was around 39-40Mbps and our download speed was around 37-37.5Mpbs.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 41

Go to solution

What we really need to see is what your sync rate and max attain rate is to understand what is happening. Your IP profile won't change unless your line re-syncs at a different speed. If you have an Huawei HG612 modem rtaher than the ECI version, it is a fairly trivial matter to unlock it to view the line stats.

0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 38 of 41

Go to solution

@NeilO

Hi Neil,

I received your voicemail/e-mail earlier.  Apologies that I couldn't take the call.

I can arrange to work from home any day next week from Tuesday to Friday.

I wasn't sure if replying to your e-mail would mean that it reaches you so thought it best to post here and "mention" you!

Let me know what day best suits and I'll arrange to be at home on that day.  AM is preferable to PM, but if PM slots are the only ones available, then that's fine.

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @SuperFlyGuy,

Thanks for posting. If you reply to @NeilO email he'll pick it up when he's in the office but I've forwarded your post so he'll know to look out for it.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 40 of 41

Go to solution

Hi All,

Just to provide a final update to this issue.

A second engineer visit today has run a battery of tests, including visiting the cabinet to check througput, etc (we've remained at a solid 33.25 IP profile since the last engineer visit), but it looks like our line is giving the maximum it can.  It has actually increased slightly today such that our download speeds are at around 32.5 Mbps.

No line faults were found (other than a false reading due to a call blocker which we use, which has been in place for around 4 years).  I've since unplugged this but the engineer doesn't think it would be the cause of the problem.

At this stage, I'm not sure where the additional speed has gone, but I'm happy that everything that could be done has been done.

A special thanks to @NeilO for arranging the engineer visits and keeping me in the loop by phone.  Also the Openreach engineers were both brilliant and did as much as they could to try and increase our speeds.

Regards

0 Ratings