Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 11 of 41

Re: Infinity 2 speed drops over the last 6-8 months

Go to solution

I believe that's for the DSL version of the router.  Mine's the RT-AC68U and connects to the BT modem whereas the DSL version combines the modem and router in one box.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 41

Go to solution

Sorry thought same asus but if you have separate modem then all stats are held by modem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 13 of 41

Go to solution

Apologies for resurrecting on old post.

I decided to use BT online chat to speak to someone today to find out why my speeds have dropped.

Apparently, the person I spoke to (a gentleman named Sanjay) said that he had reset something at the exchange and that I should power off both my router and modem for 30 seconds and power them back on again about 45 minutes after we'd finished the chat.

I was very sceptical about this as I didn't think BT retail could do anything remotely at the exchange.

Anyway, I followed the instructions and having now powered everything back on, my speeds are still pretty much the same (26-27 Mbps).

Is an engineer's visit going to be the only option or am I meant to simply accept this slower speed?  The BT web site indicates I should be getting a minimum of 35Mbps which is pretty much what I was getting a few months back?

Could any moderators on this forum respond and give me any advice.

Regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 41

Go to solution

if you have reset your router then go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 15 of 41

Go to solution

We don't use the home hub that was delivered when we first signed up for Infinity.  We have used an Asus RT-AC68U for several years now.

Even if I do plug in the old home hub, it's only the version 3 model, so it's just a router, not a modem router.

Interestingly tonight, we've been round to our neighbours for drinks and they also have BT Infinity and their download speeds are around 38Mbps so there's definitely something wrong with our connection.

Looks like I'll be arranging an engineer visit over the coming days.

0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 16 of 41

Go to solution

I should add that I've just done the quiet line test (unfortunately we don't have a wired phone) and there was silence on the line, i.e., no other noise.

0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 17 of 41

Go to solution

Well I guess I've just had to deal with the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

We've never had a problem with our Infinity in all the years it's been installed until around 6 months ago when our speed dropped by around 10Mbps.

I've just spent the most frustrating 1.5 hours on the phone to customer care in India.

The first 25 minutes were spent talking to someone who was asking me to change my WiFi channel to see if that improved things, despite me telling him that I'm using a wired desktop computer connected to the old Home Hub 3 (which I'd set up so that they couldn't claim it was my own router that was causing the issues).

In the end he tried to tell me that the package I'm on (BT Unlimited Infinity 2) only allowed up to 29Mbps and that I'd need to move to their new Infinity 2 package!!

So he proceeded to transfer me to another team.  The phone rang for about 10 minutes and disconnected.

I rang back on the 0800 800 150 number and again waited around 15 minutes to speak to someone to make a complaint about the first guy and also to try and escalate the issue as I'd gotten nowhere previously.

This other guy proceeds to do a line test and yep, the phone the disconnects.

So I ring a third time and speak to someone who is clearly upset from the outset that I'm trying to lodge a complaint about bad service.  I explained the issue to him between him telling me that I shouldn't have raised a complaint.

So apparently, I'm getting a call on Wednesday between 7:00pm and 8:00pm regarding a network fault and then a call tomorrow between 5:00pm and 6:00pm regarding the complaint.  I doubt either phone call will materialise to be honest.

I realise now why other people on these forums rate BT customer care so badly.  I've never had to deal with them until tonight.

Are there no UK BT employees on these forums who are able to pick this up and at least give me some hope that the issue will be resolved.

0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 18 of 41

Re: Trying to get broadband connected. AKA nightmare!!!!

Go to solution

I feel your pain.

Read my last post in my thread here;

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Infinity-2-speed-drops-over-the-last-6-8-mo...

I've just spent a frustrating hour and a half getting nowhere.

0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 19 of 41

Go to solution

I see my post above has been moved from this post;

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Trying-to-get-broadband-connected-AKA-night...

...to here although not sure why.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 41

Go to solution

As you cannot get any stats to help as you use the modem and apart from trying the test socket there is no much more you can do apart from from customer services and get engineer visit as speed lower than estimated 

0 Ratings