cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDHH5
Message 1 of 6

Infinity 2 speed seems slower than expected

I have got Infinity 2 and was told I would be getting download speeds between 48-65 and upload speeds between 13-19. These are my results from some of the tests I've done. Can anyone tell me if there's something wrong.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
CDHH5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity 2 speed seems slower than expected

This is from my HH5 as well

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068343+NQ41736342
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated Unknown
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. VDSL uptime:0 days, 12:56:23
6. Data rate:7255 / 46114
7. Maximum data rate:7452 / 52358
8. Noise margin:6.2 / 5.0
9. Line attenuation:0.0 / 24.0
10. Signal attenuation:0.0 / 21.6
11. Data sent/received:3.4 GB / 2.8 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:Yes
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

It would appear that you have a Range B line. When you use the BT estimate or are given an estimate by BT sales it appears that they only use the Range A estimate rather than giving both Range A & B estimates.

Unfortunately it is not possible to tell which Range you are on until you are connected up.

You could try complaining to BT because your up speed is out side the estimate but they may say that they do not guarantee upload speeds.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Your homehub stats show an up time of only 13 hours. Have you just had Infinity installed or have you restarted the Homehub.

If you have just had it installed your speeds will fluctuate for the first few days while the line trains. Your noise margin is slightly off the optimum of 6 so there is room for some improvement but the max data rate is 52Mbps so it won't get better than that.

0 Ratings
CDHH5
Message 5 of 6

I had it installed on the 31st of July but it keeps restarting itself. I'm sure the noise margin said 5.8 yesterday. Its my upload that's annoying me because it's half the minimum estimate. I'm only 264 metres from my exchange as well. Don't know from cabinet.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

It's the distance from the cabinet that counts with Infinity.

As I said, you could try and complain to BT because you are outside the upload estimate but I wouldn't bet on getting far with them. They will also tell you that you need to wait until the ten day training period is over before they will do anything.

0 Ratings