cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomryan
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Infinity 2 speed

So, I ordered Infinity2 and was connected on 26th Feb waited the 10 days for my line to settle all the while the speed was between 40-48mb.

I got in touch with the online help on 9th March, and after half an hour of doing tests on both ends apparently, an engineer was booked to turn up for this morning...which i was waiting all day for to find out that they have cancelled.

ive tried going back to the help to just be told to do the exact same things. I dont see why they would cancel the engineer and not inform me. Meanwhile my 14 day period of cancelling is now over....!

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ74572443

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B522

Firmware updated:

05-Mar-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 5 Hours 36 Minutes 2 Seconds

Data rate:

8.28 Mbps / 48.91 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

8670 / 49319

Noise margin:

6.3 dB / 6.3 dB

Line attenuation:

19.9 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

112 MB Uploaded / 704 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-5MP6

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 1)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-5MP6

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

D8:D7:75:89:BF:57

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

9.2.01243.PNG

4533.PNG

I am currently in the master socket, and i cannot do a quiet line test as i dont have a phone. There is only this 1 PC through ethernet and 1 Mobile through wi-fi connected.

This wouldnt be bad if i was paying for Infinity 1, but i'm not.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Infinity 2 speed

What speeds were quoted on your order confirmation? Even though you are paying for Infinity 2 it doesn't mean your line can support it.

Can you post the results of this link but delete your phone number first   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

i would invest £5 and buy a corded phone in order you can check line for noise and in fact you actually have a working phone line as it is possible to get broadband connection with only 1 of the 2 wires connected but speed reduced. Phone needs both connected so no dial tone shows a line problem  it could save you getting charged £139 for the engineer callout

from your stats you are getting a connection speed just about your attainable speed suggesting as good as your line can handle - unless a phone shows a line problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tomryan
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)78.655.32018.748.9Available---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)68.442.62013.135Available---- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6.5--5.5 to 7.5Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 6.5Up to 0.55.5 to 7.5Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 5.5--4.5 to 6.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate1 ----Available---- 
Fixed Rate1 ----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date26-02-2018    
0 Ratings
Tomryan
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

think my lowest line speed is 49mb
0 Ratings
Tomryan
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

So if a phone shows up no fault, then its pointless me being on Infinity 2 as i cant even get Infinity 1 speeds?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

a phone will help you know if there is a problem internally restricting your connection speed

with the dslchecker results I would be phoning customer services and getting engineer visit as speed below minimum acceptable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tomryan
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Ive bought a phone and tried the line, im not sure what im supposed to be listening for , but i couldnt hear anything 😕

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

if you do quiet line test all you should hear is the announcements - no hiss/crackle/background noise

0 Ratings
Tomryan
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

I didnt notice any noise other than the talking

0 Ratings