cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Infinity 2 speeds going down - some stats here.

BT infinity 2 has been great here, for many years speeds of 67/15 solid.  Only recently noticed the speeds going down to around 50/15 for the last few days.  

A couple of modem resets I did a few months ago (during lockdown) would bring things back to normal but now is the 4th time that it back down again and resetting the modem doesn't seem to refresh speeds anymore... I now wonder if there is some issue with my line, here are some numbers I managed to pull from the modem (openreach), can you see anything wrong here?

If relevant, all speed tests are taken directly from the modem (not wireless). 

Thanks.

IMG_3612.jpeg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity 2 speeds going down - some stats here.

according to the stats from your echolife modem you have a 70/20 mb connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the feedback, I am curious to know if the rest of the numbers reveal any sort of issues that are causing the speed change

In the meantime, Customer Services has sent me a new router (Hub 5!) , it was free so won't complain.  

Unless somebody thinks the Openreach modem is still better in 2020, I think I will install the hub 5 tonight and give it a few days to see if speeds improve.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

You've nothing to lose by trying it.

Message 5 of 7

You are right. Installed now, here the stats after 30 mins:

1. Product Name: HomeHub5

2. Serial number: Edited

3. Firmware version: v0.07.08.11237-BT (Type B) Last updated 15/9/2020

4. Board version: 01

5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 00:35:54

6. Data Rate: 19999 / 73816

7. Maximum Data Rate: 24430 / 74374

8. Noise Margin: 15.1 / 4.4

9. Line Attenuation: 16.9 / 15.0

10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0

11. Data sent/received: 121.6 MB / 467.2 MB

Good to see that firmware was updated recently.  Speedtest showing now 63/19! but I am guessing is too early to say.  Any thoughts re the other figures, welcome.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

All looking OK

Message 7 of 7

connection speed slightly better that previously

make sure you turn off smart setup in hub manager

you should also consider splitting the 2.4/5ghz networks as some devices not happy with them together

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.