cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Message 41 of 49

Re: Infinity 2 stabilisation period - how can I tell it is happening?

Just include your reference number when you want to check your posts are being read by the mods
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
andrewk
Contributor
Message 42 of 49

I have had a response on Twitter from @BTCare - around lunchtime today.  It said  ......

Hi Andrew, I am sorry to hear about the delay. I have contacted this team for you and they will be in touch today.

Promising ......   (but still no reply if "today" means Tues 25/06/2013)

Andrew

0 Ratings
andrewk
Contributor
Message 43 of 49

Spent an hour or two today installing Cat5e sockets and cabling this morning from the HH3 (next to BT main socket) to main PC in a bedroom.   Previously, I had used a TP-Link 802.11n wireless client.  The Cat5e ethernet is now up and running - works fine - but makes absolutely no difference to download or upload speeds.  Ping latency is, though, consistently a little lower at 15 to 25mSec. 

I also rechecked the BTW speed test site, just in case someone has swapped me on to Inifinity 2 without telling me.  Nope - u/l IP profile is still 10Mbps.

Still no reply from Mods.  Do BT actually employ any real customer service staff - or are they all "virtual".   My experience, so far, is that none of them seem to pass the Turing Test - so maybe all I've ever done is talk to a machine.  😞

As an aside, if you ring BT you always get the option to complete an automated telephone satisfaction survey after the call.   I have rung several times now and several times have completed the survey.   Has anyone else noticed that:  If you key a response '1'  (Easy), it moves on to the next question.    If you key '3' (Not sure), it asks you the question again and never moves on to the next question.  If you key '2'  (Difficult), it tells you that it is sorry that you cannot complete the survery at this time and disconnects the call.   Try it ...... see if it does the same for you. 

Andrew

0 Ratings
andrewk
Contributor
Message 44 of 49

Just had an email reply from BT's Chris Porter.  He has replaced the order to move me from Infinity 1 to 80/20 Infinity 2.  It should be complete by tomorrow. 

Whoopeee !!!!   (I think)

Andrew

0 Ratings
infinidim
Expert
Message 45 of 49

@andrewk wrote:

Just had an email reply from BT's Chris Porter.  He has replaced the order to move me from Infinity 1 to 80/20 Infinity 2.  It should be complete by tomorrow. 

Whoopeee !!!!   (I think)

Andrew

I know that what I am about to say doesn't really help but th epeople that you first raised it with should have been able to see the upgrade order and fix that. I looks like from the message that you have posted that they didn't have a valid order to do the upgrade in the system - by the way did you get a letter when you asked to be upgraded quoting that you will be upgraded and the relevant speeds that you should get?

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
andrewk
Contributor
Message 46 of 49

@infinidim wrote:
I know that what I am about to say doesn't really help but th epeople that you first raised it with should have been able to see the upgrade order and fix that.

The original order (according to the guy I spoke to) had got stuck in the system (whatever that means).   He said that he would cancel that original order for BT Vision Unlimited Extra (I already had BT Visiion Unlimited) & the BT Infinity upgrade to Infinity 2 and  arrange for it to be replaced with a new order (apparently he could not raise the new orders himself).

Too many moving parts, maybe.

I did get an  email from BT that included:

"Your broadband speed

We estimate your download speed will be: 45.5Mb

We estimate your upload speed will be: 7.9Mb

"

but I do not remember getting a hard-copy letter through the post.  A chinese (sounding) BT call-centre lady told me that I should be getting 45.5Mbps too, during one of the calls to BT.  

Andrew

0 Ratings
andrewk
Contributor
Message 47 of 49

I checked this morning - u/l profile is now 20Mbps and d/l is about 42Mbps - so a result!!    The u/l and d/l speeds are only slightly higher than previously - don't really expect much of an increase, as cabinet is maybe 300-350m away.

Thanks for all your help.

Andrew

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 48 of 49

Result!

Looks like the Mods are w-a-a-y-y busier than 3 working days...

😄

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
infinidim
Expert
Message 49 of 49

@andrewk wrote:

I checked this morning - u/l profile is now 20Mbps and d/l is about 42Mbps - so a result!!    The u/l and d/l speeds are only slightly higher than previously - don't really expect much of an increase, as cabinet is maybe 300-350m away.

Thanks for all your help.

Andrew

We'll done that person. Lets hope it stays that way.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings