Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nostos156
Contributor
Message 11 of 34

Re: Infinity 2 throttling p2p

Go to solution

Well, I tried BT support and it was a complete faff. BTCares on twitter weren't any help and the livechat link they gave me went to someone who didn't have a clue and tried to get me to subscribe to tech experts to 'remote in' to my hardware.

Evidently, he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. It's fairly obvious BT are kneecapping my p2p and I have no idea why considering their official policy on it. Can a moderator here take a look into it?

Given that, if BT refuse to acknowledge it, is it grounds to cancel a contract given they are essentially falsifying claims to me? That's a last resort, but I'm not putting up with being told that this is fine.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 34

Go to solution
There is no grounds to cancel as upload speeds are not guaranteed also there have been no other posts commenting on your problem
0 Ratings
nostos156
Contributor
Message 13 of 34

Go to solution

That's an obvious dodge. BT (and you) clearly state they don't shape P2P traffic yet I have provided evidence that in my case, they have done. Glasnost is a well known tool for detecting this.

Non-guaranteed upload speeds and deliberate throttling are two different things.

I can't explain why I'm being throttled, but I can assure you I've done everything else on my end, because I thought it was a torrent client problem for over a week until I discovered this.

0 Ratings
Boudges
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 34

Go to solution

Maybe you're just seeding dodgy torrents 😛

If you liked a post, please click on the 'Ratings star' on the left hand side of the post.
0 Ratings
nostos156
Contributor
Message 15 of 34

Go to solution

If that were true, Glasnost would not be saying BitTorrent traffic in its entirety was being throttled. The numbers indicate a pretty obvious ISP lockdown.

0 Ratings
Boudges
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 34

Go to solution

I cant see this being a problem on BT's end. I know many people who are on BT Infinity 2 and have max sync rate for I2 and have no problems seeding (if they wanted too). I would have a good root around your end as like @john46 has said, this is a first that someone has said that BT are throttling their P2P upload speeds.

If you liked a post, please click on the 'Ratings star' on the left hand side of the post.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 34

Go to solution
I have just run a glasnost test with no problems shown
0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 18 of 34

Go to solution

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 19.09.41.png

Looks fine here

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 34

Go to solution

See link for BT statement on throttling

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47278/~/traffic-management

If the problem was at BT's end it would be a serious breach of their Policy and would no doubt have attracted comment from other ISPs and no doubt Ofcom. Along with that and as there have been no other reports of throttling on the forum it is unlikely that BT is the cause of your problem.

EDIT: Just ran the Glasnost Test and there is no indication of throttling up or down.

0 Ratings
nostos156
Contributor
Message 20 of 34

Go to solution

Alright, so since you guys are all jumping on me for it being my problem, I decided to jump behind a VPN and run the test again. If the VPN results come back clear, that means it can't be my end, agreed?

wellwellwell1.PNGwellwellwell2.PNG

As far as I can see, this is definitely on BT's end, as if it were on mine, the results on the VPN would match BTs. Can we now start asking why exactly BT seems to have throttled just me? I don't even use my upload, not until recently anyway.

0 Ratings