Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nostos156
Contributor
Message 31 of 34

Re: Infinity 2 throttling p2p

Go to solution

Just an update.

Got an email back stating that there was no throttling going on and that would be BT's final position on the matter. I check Glasnost again, and would you believe it - absolutely no throttling anymore since that email. Been a couple of days since then and I've done a few more tests here and there and the throttle is gone.

Too much of a coincidence for me, considering the investigation took quite a few days. I'm going to assume BT don't want to admit something was happening (probably due to ofcom I guess), because it doesn't just magically fix like that right after the investigation is concluded after weeks of consistent testing showing it was throttled.

Well, whatever the behind the scenes reason, all looks well now. Good!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 34

Go to solution
As already posted OFCOM are not interested in individual complaints more like a conspiracy theory than a coincidence
Speccy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 34

Go to solution

Hi, I'm also experiencing p2p upload throttling on my Unlimted Infinity 2 connection. This has been going on for a few weeks now, since I renewed my contract and got a Homehub 6 to replace the Homehub 5.

Bittorrent uploads max out at about 40Kb/sec, when they should be well over 1Mb/sec

A glasnost test shows that BT is limiting uploads, below is a pic of the results.

RobbieMac: I'm trying to find a link to contact you on your page but can't, as I'm wondering if you could help me also like you did with nostos156?

Thanks.

throttle.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 34

Go to solution

@Speccy

You will not find the moderators contact link as they only reveal the link if they personally invite you to contact them

0 Ratings