Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smithway1
Beginner
Message 11 of 14

Re: Infinity 2 upload issues

Go to solution

Thank you. I will get onto sorry to be a pain. Why cannot I connect my laptop via cable. It asks for a username /password when setting uo a new connection on PC

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution
Try turning off Smart Setup on the Homehub settings in Advanced Settings, Home network

Here maybe http://bthomehub.home/index.cgi?active_page=9136
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
smithway1
Beginner
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you will do

0 Ratings
smithway1
Beginner
Message 14 of 14

Re: Infinity 2 upload issues- Engineer resolved

Go to solution

Hi

had the openreach engineer out today . Check line incoming line . 66mg down 20 upload.

He replaced the filter that is part of the wall box (not inline filetr like old ones) He said he was fiiting a batch last month that ended up with erros compaliants. I amy have had one of these. When running further tests through hub could only get 25mg down , nothing upload.Replaced the hub (home hub 5) . New test was 66mg down and 20 up with 25 ping.

Fauly hub!!. But this was strange because I started to have some problems when I purchased the home hub 500 wi fi extender.

Engineeer then mentioned that some people do have issues with these that mess with the hib , broadband. Dont know the technical explanation but for now I am not going to plug them in again. If I can keep a stable linje for a few weeks might be tempted to mass around again.

Hope thsi helps others.

Wayne

0 Ratings